Hello and welcome to The Joy of Sets February Blog Hop! We are a fun group of stampers to love to share our creativity. If you are joining me from Annette’s blog, or starting the hop here with me, WELCOME! I’m Anne Marie Hile from the USA and I’m so happy that you stopped by to visit today.
Our theme for the Blog Hop this month is “Love is in the Air”!
I am pretty much finished with Valentine’s Day cards but I did still need one for my husband. Sometimes, I find it a little more challenging to make a more masculine Valentine’s Day card because of all of the bright reds and pinks usually associated with the holiday. So, I decided to use a really basic color base of red, black and white and popped in some softer accent colors. I like how it came out and I hope you do as well.
Color Combination:These little critters are too cute! They come from the Special Someone Stamp Set and have dies to match. I’ve listed ALL of the products I used to create this card at the end of the post, if you are interested. There is also a list of measurements below.
I just couldn’t seem to find the “right” patterned paper for this card, so I decided to make my own! I simply colored the white stripes with a Real Red Dark Stampin’ Blends Marker. With any alcohol based marker, just make sure to protect your work surface with a sheet of scrap paper underneath, as the color can bleed through.
The sparkly red heart was cut from retired Red Glimmer Paper, but you could very easily cut it out from Silver Glimmer Paper and use the Stampin’ Blends Marker to color it as well. I also added some more sparkly details to the balloon, the face of the raccoon, the chest of the mouse and the “ground” under their little feet using some Wink of Stella.
Card Measurements and Details:
- Basic Black Card Base - 4-1/4” x 11”, scored at 5-1/2”
- Real Red Cardstock - 4” x 5-1/4”
- Whisper White Cardstock - 3-7/8” x 5-1/8”, embossed with Subtle 3D Embossing Folder
- Golden Honey Specialty Designer Series Paper - 1-1/2” x 5-1/8”, colored with Real Red Stampin’ Blends Markers
- Basic Black Cardstock - die cut second to largest stitched rectangle from Stitched So Sweetly Dies
- Pool Party Cardstock - 2-1/8” x 3-1/2”, embossed with Subtle 3D Embossing Folder
- Old Olive Cardstock - 2 scraps die cut using the “grass” from Special Days Dies
- Whisper White Cardstock - scraps to stamp and die raccoon, mouse, balloon and balloon string images
- Basic Black Cardstock - scraps to die cut “love” and “you” from Well Written Dies
- Red Glimmer Paper - scrap to die cut small heart from Stitched Be Mine Dies
- Whisper White Baker’s Twine - attach a small bow to base of balloon using a Mini Glue Dot
- Whisper White Cardstock (inside card) - 4” x 5-1/4”
- Golden Honey Specialty Designer Series Paper (inside card) - 1-1/4” x 5-1/4
- Red Glimmer Paper (inside card) - 1/2” x 5-1/4”, die cut using the stitched scallop border from Stitched Be Mine Dies
Finally, here is a peek inside the card. I decided to keep it simple with a die cut sentiment, a strip of pattered paper and a sparkly scalloped border. Initially, I die cut the border to try it on the front of the card and didn’t want it to go to waste.
Thank you so much for stopping by today!
From here, you will be hopping along to visit Angélique Nederpel in the Netherlands. Click on the button below to stop by her blog to see her beautiful project. I’ve also listed the full Blog Roll of participants below, in case you get lost along the hop. I’m sure you will find some awesome creative inspiration this month!
February 2020 Blog Roll:
Anne Marie Hile (you are here!)
All of the products that I used on this card are listed below. You can click on the following link to shop in my Stampin’ Up!® Online Store.
Have a HAPPY day today!
- Stamps - Special Someone
- Dies - Special Day, Well Written, Stitched Be Mine, Stitched So Sweetly
- Embossing Folder - Subtle 3D
- Paper - Golden Honey Specialty DSP
- Cardstock - Basic Black, Real Red, Pool Party, Old Olive, Whisper White
- Stampin' Blends Markers - Real Red Light/Dark, Smoky Slate Light, Crumb Cake Light, Old Olive Light
- Ink - Tuxedo Black Momento, Real Red Classic Ink Pad
- Other - Whisper White Baker’s Twine, Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush, SNAIL Adhesive, Liquid Glue, Stampin’ Dimensionals