I have to share the story about how this card came about. My sweet friend Mary Ann and I thought it would be fun to challenge each other by picking out a card sketch to create with. Mary Ann selected this sketch from a prior Mojo Monday Challenge for me to use as inspiration. What really caught my attention was all of the layers/elements on the sketch, which really made my "layer-loving" heart happy!
To be honest, this card did take a little while to make, but I love all of the fun details an I hope you do as well. To play off the polka dots in the Peaceful Poppies Designer Series Paper patterns, I decided to use some Embossing Paste on the Whisper White Cardstock layer to add some extra texture to the card. I also heat embossed the sentiment in Shimmery Black Embossing Powder. I’ve listed all of the details and measurements below.
Card Measurements and Details:
- Poppy Parade Card Base - 5-1/2” x 8-1/2”, scored at 4-1/4”
- Basic Black Cardstock - 5-1/4” x 4”
- Whisper White Cardstock - 5-1/8” x 3-7/8”
- On a piece of scrap paper, place Whisper White Cardstock down and cover the cardstock with the polka dot pattern of the Basic Pattern Decorative Masks. Spread Embossing Paste over the mask using a Pallet Knife to create the textured background. (Tip: try not to add the embossing paste to about 2 inches on the left side of the cardstock, as it will be layered with DSP.)
- Peaceful Poppies DSP - 2-1/4” x 3-7/8”
- Using the Layering Circles Dies, cut a 2-5/8” circle from the polka dot pattern of Peaceful Poppies DSP and then cut a 2-7/8” scalloped circle out of Basic Black Cardstock
- Black Foil - 5” x 1/2”, emboss with Subtle 3D Embossing Folder and trim each end with the Banner Triple Punch. (trimmed piece will measure 4-3/4” x 1/2”)
- Poppy Parade Cardstock - 2” x 2-3/4”
- Whisper White Cardstock - 1-7/8” x 2-5/8”, heat emboss sentiment using Shimmery Black Embossing Powder
- Scraps of Poppy Parade, Grapefruit Grove, Old Olive and Basic Black Cardstock for die cut flower and leaves
- Sponge Poppy Parade Ink around Grapefruit Grove solid floral image to add shading
- Highlight flower and leaves using Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush
- Whisper White Cardstock (inside card) - 5-1/4” x 4”
- Peaceful Poppies DSP (inside card) - 1-1/2” x 4”
Finally, a peek inside the card. I actually stamped the sentiment a little bit crooked, so I popped in a leaf die cut to try to make it less noticeable. It’s always a good idea to stamp BEFORE attaching your DSP, so if you make a mistake, you can flip your cardstock over and give it another go.
Thanks so much for stopping by! All of the products that I used on this card are listed below. You can click on any of the photos to go directly to my Stampin’ Up!® online store.
This month’s Host Code is: VXZ333GZ. If you place an order over $50 (before tax and shipping) using this host code, you will also receive a gift from me: a free exclusive PDF project tutorial bundle. (see the sneak peek below) It’s also Sale-A-Bration, y’all! So for every $50 you spend, you also get free product from Stampin’ Up!®
If your order is over $150 (before tax and shipping), do NOT use the host code. You will earn host rewards from Stampin’ Up! AND you'll also receive the gift from me. Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have a HAPPY day today!