Happy Sunday! It’s a new week and time for a new creative challenge over at The Paper Players. This week, Laurie is our hostess for our monthly Clean-and-Simple (CAS) Theme Challenge. Check it out and play along with us!
So, it’s Clean-and Simple Week and if you have visited me before, you know that is my “struggle week”. CAS cards are generally defined as those that keep layers and embellishments to a minimum. Guess what? I think I might have FINALLY hit it this week! I know my friends on the Design Team will probably get a chuckle out of that. It’s only taken how many years…LOL!
The inspiration for my card came from a card I received quite some time ago from my sweet friend, Teri. She has created some beautiful cards with this stamp set and really made me fall in love with it. I love the line art images and the sentiments are so pretty. This sentiment just makes me smile: “Celebrate…Life looks beautiful on you.”
Card Measurements and Details:
- Basic Black Card Base - 4-1/4” x 11”, scored at 5-1/2”
- Lovely Lipstick Cardstock - 4” x 5-1/4”
- Whisper White Cardstock - 3-7/8” x 5-1/8”
- Using the scoring blade on your Paper Trimmer, score a single line at 1/4” on all 4 sides of Whisper White Cardstock to create a “frame”
- Whisper White Cardstock (sentiment) - 2-1/8” x (just a little over) 1/2”
- Stamp sentiment on cardstock and trim ends at an angle
- Fold a 1-3/4" piece of Lovely Lipstick Grosgrain Ribbon in half and stick to back of sentiment using Stampin’ Dimensional
- Add a rhinestone to sentiment
- Stamp image in Momento Ink and color with Stampin’ Blends Markers
- Use Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush to add detail to the hat, dress and water on stamped image
- Whisper White Cardstock (inside card) - 4” x 5-1/4"
Finally, here is a peek inside the card. I added a sentiment from the Beautiful You stamp set along with a little layered die-cut flower or a pop of color. The flowers are from the In the Tropics Dies, I forgot to add them to the supply list below.
I hope you will join us this week over at The Paper Players and share your project for our Clean-and-Simple Theme Challenge. We’d love to see what you come up with! You can link up your project through Noon PST on Friday January 24th, 2019.
All of the products I used on this card are listed below. You can click on any of the photos to go directly to my Stampin’ Up!® online store.
This month’s Host Code is: G7F4CWTM. If you place an order over $50 (before tax and shipping) using this host code, you will also receive a gift from me: a free exclusive PDF project tutorial bundle. (see the sneak peek below) It’s also Sale-A-Bration, y’all! So for every $50 you spend, you also get free product from Stampin’ Up!®
If your order is over $150 (before tax and shipping), do NOT use the host code. You will earn host rewards from Stampin’ Up! AND you'll also receive the gift from me. Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have a HAPPY day today!