Hello stamping friends! Today, I am SO excited to share my card with you for the Around the World on Wednesday Blog Hop. We are an awesome group of stampers from all over the world who come together on the second Wednesday of every month to share some creative inspiration and smiles from around the globe. We are also so very excited to have both Kylie Bertucci and Bruno Bertucci as guest designers for this month’s hop. We hope you enjoy hopping along with us this month!
If this is the first time you are visiting my blog, I’m Anne Marie Hile from San Antonio, TX and I am so happy that you are visiting today. Welcome!This month we are doing something really fun for the hop! Each of us are randomly paired up with a another member of the blog hop and we were to CASE one of their designs. CASE = Copy and Selectively Edit.
I was SO excited that Mary Deatherage was drawn as my CASE partner. I’ve long-admired Mary’s work, so it really just came down to picking one of her beautiful designs to CASE.
I may have shared before that I love the Beautiful World Suite of products but I struggle a little to put them to use. I love to work with bright and happy colors and although I LOVE this suite, every time I try to work with it, I seem to hit a wall. Mary, on the other hand, has been rocking this suite over on her blog. Every time I see one of her beautiful creations, I am inspired with this set. So, I decided to CASE a card she shared back in May.
Added bonus: you can’t tell from these photos but this card has a hidden “fancy-fold” element, which makes it extra-special.
Anyone else love a card that is heavy on the layers? I know I’m not alone here. It’s no secret that I love big, chunky cards. Even though they cost a little more to mail, I think they are totally worth it. Mary’s layout had some “tilted” layers that I really loved. I am one of those people that always puts my layers on straight. It’s a “thing”. Don’t ask, we all have our quirks, right?
Another thing I made sure to include on this card was dimension. One thing Mary and I have in common is our love for Stampin’ Dimensionals. I popped up the Cinnamon Cider layer, the globe and the sentiment on this card. Because I KNOW Mary will appreciate this, I wasn’t stingy on those dimensionals either. I used 34 dimensionals on this card. (I counted!) I’m not ashamed. I don’t like “saggy bits” on my cards. Haha!
Card Measurements and Details:
- Cinnamon Cider Card Base - 8-1/2″ x 11″, on long side score at 5-1/2”, on short side score at 2-1/8″ and 6-3/8″
- Misty Moonlight Cardstock - 4” x 5-1/4”
- World of Good Specialty Designer Series Paper (map print) - 3-7/8” x 5-1/8”
- World of Good Specialty Designer Series Paper (Misty Moonlight print) - 3-1/8” x 4-3/8”
- Cinnamon Cider Cardstock - 3-1/8” x 4-3/8”. embossed with Subtle 3D Embossing Folder
- Cinnamon Cider Cardstock - die cut 8 of the world dies from the World Map Dies, accent with Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush, adhere to Cinnamon Cider layer, trim off excess
- Whisper White Cardstock - scrap to stamp sentiment from Beautiful World Stamp set in Misty Moonlight ink, die cut using Tasteful Labels Dies, then sponge Crumb Cake ink around edges using a Stamping Sponge
- Adhere ribbons and Antique Corners and slides
- Inside folds:
- Misty Moonlight Cardstock - 1-7/8” x 5-1/4”, 2 pieces
- World of Good Specialty Designer Series Paper - 1-3/4” x 5-1/8”, 2 pieces
- Misty Moonlight Cardstock (inside card) - 4” x 5-1/4”
- Whisper White Cardstock (inside card) - 3-7/8” x 5-1/8”, stamp sentiment in Misty Moonlight ink, stamp feather off once in Crumb Cake ink, stamp compass in Cinnamon Cider ink
- World of Good Specialty Designer Series Paper (inside card) - 3/8 x 5-1/8”
Finally, a peek inside the card. I added more of that fabulous foiled paper and some stamped images from the Beautiful World stamp set.
Anne Marie Hile - US (you are here!)
So glad you stopped by today. Please continue to hop along and visit everyone for some awesome creative inspiration. We are all so excited that you are joining us! If you have a chance, please leave a comment below to let me know that you visited. Happy Hopping!
Thanks for stopping by today! All of the products that I used on this card are listed below. You can click on any of the photos to go directly to my Stampin’ Up!® online store.
The current Host Code is: XZSRKMJ4
Bonus Days are here! Every $50 you spend by August 3, 2020 (before shipping and tax) earns a $5 Bonus Days coupon code that can be used between August 14-31, 2020. There is no limit to the number of coupon codes customers can earn per order or throughout the duration of the Bonus Days earning period. Note: An email address is required to participate; Bonus Days coupon codes will delivered only via email.
Also, If you place an order over $50 (before tax and shipping) using the above host code, you will also receive a gift from me: a FREE Exclusive Project Tutorial PDF, see the sneak peek below. Each month, I partner with an amazingly talented group of demonstrators from around the world to create these project tutorials. This month’s tutorial features 12 awesome project ideas to inspire your creativity!
If your order is over $150 please do NOT use the host code. You will still receive the PDF tutorial along with an additional free gift from me.
Have a HAPPY day today!