Happy Sunday! Time for a new creative challenge over at The Paper Players.
This week, Joanne is hosting our Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge.
Check it out and play along with us!
I decided to go straight across the middle of the Tic-Tac-Toe board using the die cut, spring and birthday squares. I also sprinkled in the flowers, rhinestones and OF COURSE had to incorporate PINK into my project. So, 6 of the 9 squares on the board were the inspiration for my card this week.
I’m using the Birthday Jubilee stamp set and coordinating Jubilee Beauty dies for my card today. They can be found in the Stampin’ Up’® Spring Mini Catalog. This stamp set and bright colors remind me so much of the annual festival we have here in San Antonio called Fiesta. Fiesta began in the late 19th century to honor the memory of the battle of the Alamo and San Jacinto. Now, it is a 10-day event in April which celebrates the rich and diverse cultures of San Antonio with well over 100 events all over the city. Sadly, Fiesta has been postponed this year until November due to the coronavirus pandemic. Fingers crossed that things are much, MUCH better by then.
I just love all of the detail in the dies, they really make the card pop! The floral images were colored with Stampin’ Blends Markers and then accented with some Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush for an added pop of sparkle. I’ve listed more details and measurements below along with a full supply list at the end of this post.
Card Measurements and Details:
- Granny Apple Green Card Base - 4-1/4” x 11”, scored at 5-1/2”
- Basic Black Cardstock - 4” x 5-1/4”
- Whisper White Cardstock - 3-7/8” x 5-1/8”, spritzed with a mixture of Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint and rubbing alcohol (70%) in a Stampin’ Spritzer
- Flirty Flamingo Cardstock - 4-1/4” x 5-1/2”, die cut two images from the Jubilee Beauty Dies
- Basic Black Cardstock - 3-7/8” x 5/8”, heat emboss the sentiment with a Heat Tool using Versamark ink and White Stampin’ Emboss Powder
- Whisper White Cardstock - scraps to stamp and die cut the floral images (stamped in Momento ink and colored with Stampin’ Blends Markers)
- Vellum Cardstock - scrap to die cut four leaves from the Jubilee Beauty Dies, brush leaves with Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush
- Rhinestones - colored with the Mango Melody Stampin’ Blends Marker and added to centers of flowers
- Whisper White Cardstock (inside card) - 4” x 5-1/4”
Finally, a look inside the card. I used a coordinating sentiment and floral image from the Birthday Jubilee stamp set. I colored the flowers with Stampin’ Blends to coordinate with the front of the card. Such a cheerful birthday card, don’t you think?
I hope you will join us this week over at The Paper Players and share your project for our Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge. We’d love to see what you come up with! You can link up your project through Noon PST on Friday April 3rd, 2020.
Be sure to stop by and say hello to The Paper Players Design Team:
Anne Marie Hile (that’s me!)
Thanks for stopping by today! All of the products that I used on this card are listed below. You can click on any of the photos to go directly to my Stampin’ Up!® online store.
The current Host Code is: QS6DETGG
If you place an order over $50 (before tax and shipping) using this host code, you will also receive a gift from me: a FREE Exclusive Project Tutorial PDF, see the sneak peek below. Each month, I partner with an amazingly talented group of demonstrators from around the world to create these project tutorials. This month’s tutorial features 12 awesome project ideas to inspire your creativity!
PS: It’s also Sale-A-Bration, y’all, but ONLY until March 31st! So for every $50 you spend, you will also get free product from Stampin’ Up!®
If your order is over $150 (before tax and shipping), do NOT use the host code. You will earn host rewards from Stampin’ Up! AND you'll also receive the gift from me. Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have a HAPPY day today!