Top O' the Mornin' to Ya!
It's Tuesday, so that means it is time for another fun-tastic challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments. This week we are Goin' for the Green, using St. Patrick's Day as our inspiration. This was a bit of a challenge for me, as I have somewhat of a lack of St. Patrick's Day-themed stamps. Today, I'm sharing a sweet and punchy leprechaun, whom I have nick-named "Paddy". I'm not going to lie, leprechauns actually tend to scare me a little (not as much as clowns, but close). I think I saw a really bad horror movie about a leprechaun once, yikes! This little guy isn't scary though, he just looks like he has had a little too much coffee, with those eyes! Haha! :)
- Paddy's pot o' gold was pretty time consuming to create. I started out using gold leaf...I have only used it once before, with not-so-great results...but a leprechaun just needs a pot o' gold! After adhering the gold leaf to my card stock, I punched out about 1,000 tiny coins. Maybe it was more like 35, but it felt like a lot more.
- After I got the coins positioned, I felt like they needed something else, so I squirted a little glitter glue on a few of the coins to give them some added sparkle.
- But why stop there? Lol! Then, I just went ahead and added Crystal Effects over each and every coin to really make Paddy's gold stash really stand out! I also added some Smooch Illuminating Top Coat to the "pot" to give it some extra pop.
- Edited to add: I kept thinking something was missing from Patty. Then I figured it out...FRECKLES!! I added them, with a Tangerine Tango marker, after I originally posted this. It gives him a LOT more character.
- While waiting for the Crystal Effects to dry...which seemed to take forever, btw...I went ahead and created a little sparkly shamrock for Paddy. It was the perfect touch to match his glittery "vest".
- All of the punched layers were sponged with ink to give them added dimension, too.
- Finally the Top Note die "rainbow" finished it off. The positioning took a little indecision on my part, but luckily my good friend, Kristina, was there to offer advice, via the iPhone. (I think I sent her photos of 6 different variations, before a decision was made) Thanks, K...you are the best!! :)
- A total of 15 punches were used to create Paddy, including 2 "bird" punches. Really! All supplies used are listed below.
- Finally, the inside of the card. I left the sentiment off the front of the card because I thought it was pretty obvious what holiday the card was being sent for. Haha! I used my scraps left-over from the front to wrap it all up. Didn't want to waste that fabby rainbow!
Well, that's it for today! I sure hope you will join us at Hand Stamped Sentiments this week and Go for the Green! Have some fun and play along!
From the looks of the over 30,000 visits to my blog (WOW, thank you!)...there will be some blog candy coming up really soon. I said I would do it...I actually didn't think it would happen this quickly, though! Eeek! I do want to say a BIG thank you for stopping by to visit today. I appreciate the time you take out of your day to pop in. Please leave me a comment to say hello, before you go. I would love to come by and share some bloggin' cheer to you, too! :) Have a HAPPY day today!
Stampin' Up! Supply List:
Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes (inside sentiment...that's it!)
Ink: Garden Green, Wild Wasabi, Tangerine Tango, Blush Blossom (ret.) and Basic Black Classic ink
Papers: Real Red, Tangerine Tango, Daffodil Delight, Wild Wasabi, Garden Green, Tempting Turquoise, Elegant Eggplant, Whisper White and Basic Black card stock
Accessories: Sizzix Top Note Die, 1 3/8" x 5/8" Oval punch, 1 3/4" x 7/8" Oval punch, Ornament punch, 1 1/4" Square punch, 1 3/8" Square punch, 1 3/4" Scalloped Circle punch, Word Window punch, 1 1/4" Circle punch, 1 3/8" Circle punch, Two-Step Owl XL punch, Two-Step Bird XL punch, Small heart punch, Tag Corner punch (ret.) , Itty Bitty Punch Shapes pack (circle and flower), Sticky Strip, Stampin' Dimensionals, Perfect Polka Dots Embossing folder, Basic Black Stampin' Write Journaler, Crystal Effects and Smooch Illuminate Top Coat
Non-SU! Accessories: green glitter, gold leaf, gold glitter glue, pink alcohol-based marker (for cheeks) and green bling