Hi there and Happy Tuesday to you! It's time for a fun, new challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments. This week we are focusing on Shadow Box Cards. This style is not a new technique. However, it IS a very cool way to share a 3-D effect on a card, that can easily be displayed by the recipient. It can also be MAILED, which is a fabulous bonus!
CLICK HERE for a link with directions on how to create a Shadow Box Card, or HERE for another great Shadow Box style. We sure hope you will play along with us this week! :)
I have included a list of all the supplies used to create my card at the end of the post.
I used many items from the Occasions Mini Catalog, which is ONLY available until April 30th! You can order anytime 24/7 by clicking HERE.
Here is a shot of the card "standing up":
- I used heat embossing on the main image and sentiment, simply because I really like the effect. That, and I seem to ALSO like to make a big ol' mess when I create lately. Note to self: turn the ceiling fan OFF before playing with embossing powder. ;)
- The little pearl eggs in the basket were colored with a Baja Breeze marker to tie in the color.
- This was the first time I have ever created a sponged "sky" with the help of the Scallop Circle punch as a guide. I really like how it came out. Thanks to the person who came up with that clever idea! HERE is one of many links to create these clouds. I used a single Scallop Circle punch to create mine, and started at the top of the image.
- I added a piece of Baja Breeze Seam Binding, that I...get ready for this one...SEWED, for some added dimension. I wanted it to play off the "grass" on the image. I have mentioned before that I am rather dangerous with a needle and thread. Thankfully, I did NOT sustain injury today. Phew!
- The Vanilla Rosettes were colored with a Baja Breeze marker. They just stood out a little TOO much in Vanilla.
- Finally I framed the image with some Silver Glass Glitter because everything is better with some sparkle! :)
That's my take on a Shadow Box card for this week's challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments. I hope you like it and I would love to hear what you think. Please check out the challenge to see what the rest of the fabulous Design Team has whipped up. More importantly, I hope that you will play along this week and share YOUR creation with us! Thanks for stopping by to visit. I hope you have a very HAPPY day today! :)
Stampin' Up! Supply List:
Stamps: Easter Blossoms
Ink: Basic Black Craft ink and Baja Breeze classic ink (for the "sky")
Paper: Springtime Vintage DSP (Occasions Mini), Baja Breeze, Very Vanilla and Basic Black card stock
Accessories: 1 3/4" x 7/8" Oval punch, Scallop Oval XL punch, Scallop Circle punch (to make clouds), Black Embossing powder, Basic Pearls, Sticky Strip, Stampin' Dimensionals, Sponge Dauber...the rest are all from the Occasions Mini Catalog...Baja Breeze Seam Binding, Vanilla Rosettes and Silver Glass Glitter
Non-SU! Accessories: circle die cut (you can use a Circle Scissor Plus to create the same effect, btw), needle and thread