Hello and Happy Saturday! I wanted to share with you today the three cards I created for my “Technique Thursday” Facebook Live last Thursday. I shared a couple of different ways you could use baby wipes and ink refills to create different looks on your cards. Below, I have photos of the completed projects with measurements and supplies listed.
If you would like to watch the replay of my Facebook Live video to see these techniques in detail, you can find the video BY CLICKING HERE.
While you are there, please follow my page to see more technique videos.
My first card was created by adding re-inkers directly to a baby wipe and then stamping into the wipe. It really creates a fun look with a lot of color hues. I did mention this in the video, but I personally prefer the "Huggies One and Done” brand of baby wipes. They do not contain alcohol and they tend not to leave a lot of fibers behind on your stamps.
- Tranquil Tide Card Base - 4-1/4” x 11”, scored at 5-1/2”
- Fresh Fig Cardstock - 4” x 5-1/4”
- Tranquil Textures DSP - 3-3/4” x 5”
- Crumb Cake, Fresh Fig, Tranquil Tide, Shaded Spruce and Whisper White Cardstock - for stamping and Framelits
The next card features adding ink refills directly to a baby wipe and sliding the wipe across Glossy White Cardstock to create an ombré effect between the two shades of pink: Powder Pink and Blushing Bride.
- Blushing Bride Card Base - 4-1/4” x 11”, scored at 5-1/2”
- Whisper White Cardstock - 4” x 5-1/4”
- Petal Promenade DSP - 3-7/8” x 5-1/8”, then cut in half and use one of each pattern (the ribbon will cover the seam between the papers.
- Blushing Bride Cardstock - 2-1/2” x 4”
- Whisper White Cardstock - 2-1/4” x 3-3/4”
- Glossy White Cardstock - 2-1/8” x 3-5/8"
I used the same technique using ink refills directly on a baby wipe on Glossy White Cardstock, except on this project I used 3 different colors of ink refills: Flirty Flamingo, Lemon Lime Twist and Coastal Cabana. There are also some heat embossed stamped images on the vellum layer for some extra shine
- THICK Whisper White Card Base - 4-1/4” x 11”, scored at 5-1/2”
- Basic Black Cardstock - 4” x 5-1/4”
- Pear Pizzazz (first card) or Coastal Cabana (card below) Cardstock - 3-7/8” x 5-1/8”
- Vellum Cardstock - 3-3/4” x 5”
- Whisper White Cardstock - 3-1/4” x 3-1/2”
- Glossy White Cardstock - 3” x 3-1/4"
Below is the card I made in the Facebook Live video. By using 3 colors but moving the baby wipe down a small bit on the image, you can blend the colors to create the appearance of 5 different shades. I used Flirty Flamingo, Daffodil Delight and Bermuda Bay ink refills and by blending the colors you can see a hint of orange and green in the background as well.
**Again, you can find my Facebook Live video to see these techniques in detail BY CLICKING HERE.
If you would like to purchase any of the products I used on these cards, I have listed them below. You can click on any of the images and it will take you directly to my Online Stampin’ Up! ® Store.
In September I will be offering Clear Rhinestones as a thank you gift for qualifying orders. Please use the Host Code below on your order of $30 or more (before tax and shipping) and I’ll send you a pack of my favorite embellishments as a gift.
These will be mailed to you in the beginning of October.
If your order is over $150 (before tax and shipping) please do NOT use the Host Code. Just shop in my online store (linked above) and you will earn your own Stampin’ Rewards. I will also send you the gift!
September Host Code: JA9TEE62
Thanks for stopping by today!