Hello stamping friends! Earlier this month, I participated in Kylie Bertucci’s International Blog Highlights. The card below is what I made for the event and you can find more details about it by clicking HERE.
Thank you SO much to everyone who voted for my project!
The theme of our blog hop is Encouragement and I think I might be taking a few liberties here with a Halloween card, but it IS encouraging the recipient to “Have a wicked good time!” That kind of works, right?
Honestly, I was just really excited to use the new Wonderfully Wicked Bundle which will be available starting September 4th in the new Stampin’ Up!® Holiday Catalog. If you know me, it is not a surprise that I LOVE all things Fall and Halloween. Nothing TOO spooky though, I still like to keep it fun.We also made these cards at my team meeting this month so that everyone had a chance to try out the Pigment Sprinkles. That's what I used to create the mix of colors on the “wicked” die cut. They are really fun to use, if you have never tried them. I have a little step-by-step below with more details. Even if you don’t celebrate Halloween, this is a fun technique to use for other occasions with different color combinations.
Today’s Colors:So let’s be honest, the Pigment Sprinkles really are the star of the show here. I did try to add some accents to add to the fun, like those little spiders in Black Foil Paper and the Stylish Scroll embossed background. I made 2 cards with slight differences. The first card uses the Black Glittered Organdy Ribbon which I think really adds a great pop of sparkle.
The second card uses the new Basic Black 3/8” Scalloped Edge ribbon and although it’s a little tough to see in the photo, I spritzed the Gorgeous Grape embossed layer with some Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint mixed with rubbing alcohol in a Stampin’ Spritzer. It has more of a subtle sparkle. Which one do you like better?
To use Pigment Sprinkles, you need just a few things:
- A Stampin’ Spritzer bottle filled with water
- A small box or something to protect your work surface
- Either Shimmery White Cardstock or Watercolor Paper (not regular Whisper White Cardstock)
Starting with the photo on the top left, here is how I added the color:
- Spritz some water onto the Shimmery White Cardstock die cut to dampen it being careful not to saturate the paper
- Sprinkle some of the green pigment Sprinkles over the die cut image
- Spritz more water onto the die cut image to spread the color all over the image
- Add some purple Pigment Sprinkles in a few areas on the image to add the additional color and spritz more water. The purple is VERY concentrated, a little goes a long way!
Here is a close up look at both of the die cut sentiments colored with the Pigment Sprinkles. You can really see that you will get a different result every time. I think tat is the most fun part about using them. Once they dry completely, the colors are really vibrant, too.
- Basic Black Card Base - 5-1/2” x 8-1/2”, scored at 4-1/4”
- Gorgeous Grape Cardstock - 4” x 5-1/4"
- Basic Black Cardstock - 3” x 4-1/4"
- Granny Apple Green Cardstock - 2-3/4” x 4”
- Shimmery White Cardstock - For Die Cut Sentiment
- Whisper White Cardstock (for stamped sentiments) - 1/2” x 1-1/8” and 1/2” x 1-3/8”
- Scraps of Black Foil Paper for die cut spiders
- Whisper White Cardstock (inside card) - 4” x 5-1/4”
Finally here is a look inside the card using a couple of spooky purple spiders and the Happy Halloween sentiment.
Thanks so much for stopping by today! Be sure to hop along to see the projects from Kylie’s International Highlights Top Ten Winners.
From here, you’ll be headed to Mary Ann Rossiter’s blog. I’ve also posted the complete list of blog hoppers below, just in case you lose your way.
This month’s Host Code is: 4HHRVVNB. If you place an order over $50 (before tax and shipping) using this host code, you will also receive a gift from me: a free exclusive project tutorial bundle. (see the sneak peek below)
If your order is over $150 (before tax and shipping), do NOT use the host code. You will earn host rewards from Stampin’ Up! AND you'll also receive the gift from me. Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have a HAPPY day today!
Here are the products I used to create my cards today. The following products will not be available to order until September 4th:
- Wonderfully Wicked Bundle
- Wonderfully Wicked Cling Stamp
- Wicked Dies
- Stylish Scroll Embossing Folder
- Basic Black 3/8” Scalloped Edge Ribbon