Happy Sunday! It’s a new week and time for a new creative challenge over at The Paper Players. This week, Joanne is our lovey hostess for our monthly Sketch Challenge. Check it out and play along with us!
Sketch challenges are always my favorite! I love having a card layout as a starting point. As soon as I saw the sketch, I immediately knew I wanted to ink up my Thoughtful Blooms Stamp Set for a bright and cheery “Congratulations” card with a rainbow of happy colors. If you have visited me before, you probably know that bright colors are my absolute favorite!
Color Combo:Let’s talk about this fun stamp set for a moment. Right now, the Thoughtful Blooms Stamp Set AND the coordinating Small Bloom Punch can actually be earned for FREE with a qualifying purchase during my favorite Stampin’ Up!® event of the year: Sale-A-Bration. Click HERE for more info.
For my card, I started out with just the flowers on the scalloped rectangle, but decided to pop them up on 1” punched circles to make them stand out a bit more. Not surprising, but I also added Clear Wink of Stella to the flowers for more sparkle. Wink of Stella is the Frank’s Red Hot of my stamp studio - “I put that stuff on everything!” Haha!
Card Measurements and Details:
- Coastal Cabana Card Base - 5-1/2” x 8-1/2”, scored at 4-1/4”
- Basic Black Cardstock - 5-1/4” x 4”
- Whisper White Cardstock (embossed with Brick & Mortar 3D Embossing Folder) - 5-1/8” x 3-7/8”
- Tie a piece of Black Organdy Ribbon around the Whisper White Layer
- Scrap of Whisper White Cardstock to die cut the largest stitched scalloped rearrange from the Stitched So Sweetly Dies
- Whisper White Cardstock (for sentiment) - 1-3/4” x 1/2”
- Scrap of Basic Black Cardstock to punch out 6 - 1” circles
- Scraps of Melon Mambo, Mango Melody, Daffodil delight, Granny Apple Green, Coastal Cabana and Gorgeous Grape Cardstock to stamp and punch flowers
- Whisper White Cardstock (inside card) - 5-1/4” x 4”
Finally, here is a peek inside the card. I used the small flower stamp and just dressed up the corners with more of those happy colors.
I hope you will join us this week over at The Paper Players and share your project for our Sketch Challenge. We’d love to see what you come up with! You can link up your project through Noon PST on Friday January 31st, 2019.
All of the products I used on this card are listed below. You can click on any of the photos to go directly to my Stampin’ Up!® online store.
This month’s Host Code is: G7F4CWTM. If you place an order over $50 (before tax and shipping) using this host code, you will also receive a gift from me: a free exclusive PDF project tutorial bundle. (see the sneak peek below) It’s also Sale-A-Bration, y’all! So for every $50 you spend, you also get free product from Stampin’ Up!®
If your order is over $150 (before tax and shipping), do NOT use the host code. You will earn host rewards from Stampin’ Up! AND you'll also receive the gift from me. Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have a HAPPY day today!
- Thoughtful Blooms Photopolymer Stamp Set #152290 - free with a minimum $50 order
- Small Bloom Punch #152316 - free with a minimum $100 order