Hello and Happy Friday! Time for a brand new Festive Friday Challenge. For #FF0052, our festivity is Carnival (Brazil), which is coming up February 21st - 26th. Our Inspo List features 10 items you can choose from to create your project. in your project and link up to the challenge! And guess what? Your project doesn’t have to be about Carnival – at all! The selected festivity is just a unique way to come up with some fun and interesting ideas to inspire your creativity!
My Inspo List Picks: Bright Colors - Rhinestones - Foil Paper - Ribbon
As soon as I saw the challenge I knew that I was going to break out the adorable little critters from the Bonanza Buddies Bundle from the Stampin’ Up! Mini Catalog. Aren’t these little critters adorable? I mean, how CUTE is that little koala wearing his party hat?!
I’ve listed all of the measurements and supplies for this bright and cheery birthday card below. I really let the DSP and dies do most of the work on this card. I also popped in a few fun little details, like the foil banner, trio of rhinestones and some Wink of Stella Glitter Brush to accent the little critters, which is tough to see in the photos.One of the things I really love about the Bonanza Buddies Designer Series Paper is that some of the papers coordinate perfectly with the Bonanza Dies. It makes it SUPER easy to cut out little critters, no stamping or coloring required! You can’t get much easier than that! The only stamping on this card is the present, the sentiment and the little koala’s birthday hat.
Card Measurements and Details:
- Terracotta Tile Card Base - 5-1/2” x 8-1/2”, score at 4-1/4”
- Bermuda Bay Cardstock - 5-1/4” x 4”
- Bonanza Buddies Designer Series Paper (balloon print) - 5-1/8” x 3-7/8”
- Tie Bermuda Bay 1/4” Mini Striped Ribbon around the piece of DSP listed above
- Bermuda Bay Cardstock - 4-1/2” x 2-1/2”
- Bonanza Buddies Designer Series Paper (yellow “confetti” pattern) - 4-5/8” x 2-3/8”
- Bonanza Buddies Designer Series Paper - (grapefruit “star” pattern) - 4-5/8” x 1/2”
- Whisper White Cardstock (for stamped sentiment) - 1-7/8” x 1/2”
- Noble Peacock Foil - scrap for die cut banner
- Whisper White Cardstock - scrap to stamp the “present" in Bermuda Bay, the “ribbon” in black ink, also stamp a “hat" in Terracotta Tile ink. Cut the images from the cardstock using scissors.
- Whisper White Cardstock (inside card) - 5-1/4” x 4”
- Bonanza Buddies Designer Series Paper (balloon print, inside card) - 1-1/4” x 4”
Finally, here is a look inside the card. I added a little strip of the DSP along with a sentiment from the Bonanza Buddies Stamp Set.
Hop on over to the Festive Friday Challenge to see what the rest of the Design Team shared this week. We’d love to have you join us with your project! The challenge is open from today through Monday February 17th at 8:00 PM CST, so you have plenty of time to play along.
Festive Friday Design Team:
Anne Marie Hile (you are here)
All of the products that I used on this card are listed below. You can click on any of the photos to go directly to my Stampin’ Up!® Online Store.
This month’s Host Code is: VXZ333GZ. If you place an order over $50 (before tax and shipping) using this host code, you will also receive a gift from me: a free exclusive PDF project tutorial bundle. (see the sneak peek below) It’s also Sale-A-Bration, y’all! So for every $50 you spend, you also get free product from Stampin’ Up!®
If your order is over $150 (before tax and shipping), do NOT use the host code. You will earn host rewards from Stampin’ Up! AND you'll also receive the gift from me. Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have a HAPPY day today!