Happy Sunday! Time for a new creative challenge over at The Paper Players. This week, Claire is our lovey hostess for our monthly Theme Challenge. Check it out and play along with us!
I’ll admit, when I saw the “Love is in the Air” theme, I immediately thought of a Valentine’s Day project, but I’m kind of stocked up on Valentine’s Day cards and treat holders right now. So, I decided to take a different direction and create a wedding card using the Forever Blossoms Bundle and Parisian Dies from the Stampin’ Up!® 2020 Mini Catalog. With a switch of the sentiment inside, this would also be a fun card to celebrate an anniversary, too.
I have been wanting to create with those beautiful Cherry Blossom Dies for some time now. I love the variety of sizes in the floral dies and I also love the embossed detail on the flowers and leaves. I popped up all of the flowers on Stampin’ Dimensionals to dress up the “branch”. Of course, I added some Wink of Stella Glitter Brush because you can never have TOO much sparkle. I’ve listed the card measurements and details below.
I was inspired by the current sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches for my card layout. Have I mentioned that I LOVE a good card sketch? The team at FMS always delivers!
The finishing touch on my card was inspired by the challenge over at Just Us Girls! I don’t know about you, but I never truly feel a card is “finished” without a bow, or at the very least some ribbon and/or twine. The Petal Pink Metallic-Edge Ribbon ties beautifully for a fun and fancy detail.Card Measurements and Details:
- Petal Pink Card Base - 4-1/4” x 11”, scored at 5-1/2”
- Early Espresso Cardstock - 4” x 5-1/4”
- Parisian Blossoms Specialty Designer Series Paper - 3-7/8” x 5-1/8”
- Whisper White Cardstock - die cut largest circle in Stitched Shapes Dies
- Scraps of Petal Pink, Pear Pizzazz and Early Espresso to die cut flowers, leaves and branch from Cherry Blossoms Dies
- Sponge some Petal Pink ink around the larger flowers to add subtle shading and brush Clear Wink of Stella Glitter brush on the centers or just ALL over the flowers for sparkly detail
- Scrap of Champagne Foil Paper to die cut “Amore” sentiment from Parisian Dies
- Whisper White Cardstock (inside card) - 4” x 5-1/4”
- Parisian Blossoms Specialty Designer Series Paper (inside card) - 1-1/4” x 5-1/4"
Finally, here is a peek inside the card. I used sentiment from the Forever Blossoms Stamp Set along with more of the beautiful DSP and a little die-cut floral accent.
I hope you will join us this week over at The Paper Players and share your project for our Theme Challenge. We’d love to see what you come up with! You can link up your project through Noon PST on Friday February 7th, 2020.
All of the products that I used on this card are listed below. You can click on any of the photos to go directly to my Stampin’ Up!® online store.
This month’s Host Code is: VXZ333GZ. If you place an order over $50 (before tax and shipping) using this host code, you will also receive a gift from me: a free exclusive PDF project tutorial bundle. (see the sneak peek below) It’s also Sale-A-Bration, y’all! So for every $50 you spend, you also get free product from Stampin’ Up!®
If your order is over $150 (before tax and shipping), do NOT use the host code. You will earn host rewards from Stampin’ Up! AND you'll also receive the gift from me. Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have a HAPPY day today!