Hello and welcome to Kylie’s Demonstrator Training Blog Hop for March! We are a group of Stampin’ Up!® Demonstrators from all over the world sharing our love of stamping. We are all part of Kylie Bertucci’s training group where we are having a great time learning and growing our Stampin’ Up!® businesses. If this is the first time you are visiting my blog, welcome! My name is Anne Marie Hile and I live in the United States. I’m so glad you stopped by today!
You may be starting here or have arrived from another blog - either way, you can find the link list of all of the participants at the bottom of this post. Happy Hopping!
The weather is overcast here this week and we have been staying pretty close to home amidst the COVID-19 situation, so I thought it would be fun to share a little tropical sunshine with my card today. I am absolutely smitten with the Timeless Tropical Bundle from the Stampin’ Up!® Mini Catalog and this was a great opportunity to ink it up. I’ve listed measurements and the supplies used to create this card below.
I was inspired by a swap card that I received in our team swaps last month from my teammate Michelle W. in Colorado. I changed up the color combo, tweaked the layout a bit, added a bunch of extra details and came up with this little creation. If you have visited me before you already know how I love adding lots of little details to my cards. I probably shouldn’t mention how long this card to put together but that’s part of the fun of creating pretty things, right?
Color Combo:Everything about this suite of products is gorgeous! The Tropical Oasis Designer Series Paper is one of my favorites right now. The color combos are so beautiful and vibrant. Don’t you just love how color can instantly brighten your mood? The Braided Burlap Trim adds a fun pop of texture to the card. I used a strip of Tear & Tape to hold it in place. One of my favorite elements on the card is that itty-bitty ukulele from the Tropical Oasis Trinkets. So CUTE, right?
I added some sponged ink around the die cut leaves and the embossed So Saffron Cardstock layer for some extra depth and also brushed on some Clear Wink Of Stella Glitter Brush on the flowers and the top of the palm tree for added sparkle. I also colored two rhinestones with a So Saffron Dark Stampin’ Blends Marker as a final touch on the tropical flowers.
Card Measurements and Details:
- So Saffron Card Base - 4-1/4” x 11”, scored at 5-1/2”
- Old Olive Cardstock - 4” x 5-1/4”
- Tropical Oasis Designer Series Paper - 3-3/4” x 5”
- So Saffron Cardstock - 2-1/4” x 4-3/4”, embossed using Coastal Weave 3D Embossing Folder, sponge edges with Crumb Cake Ink
- Whisper White Cardstock - scrap to die cut 2-3/8” x 1” Stitched Rectangle Die, then stamp sentiment in Terracotta Tile Ink
- Terracotta Tile Cardstock - scrap to stamp two floral images in Terracotta Tile Ink and die cut using In the Tropics Dies
- Gold Foil - scrap to die cut 2 leaves from In the Tropics Dies
- Crumb Cake Cardstock - scrap to stamp one palm tree image in Soft Suede Ink and die cut using In the Tropics Dies
- Old Olive Cardstock - scrap to stamp one plan tree image in Soft Suede Ink and die cut using In the Tropics Dies, then die cut 3 leaf images and sponge edges with Crumb Cake Ink
- Whisper White Cardstock (inside card) - 4” x 5-1/4”
- Tropical Oasis Designer Series Paper (inside card) - 3/4” x 5-1/4”
Finally, a look at the inside of the card. I simply added a little strip of that gorgeous DSP along with a little flower. The flower is stamped in Terracotta Tile Ink and colored in using the So Saffron Dark Stampin Blends Marker. Of course, I added some Wink of Stella to the flower because everything is better with sparkle.
We all hope that you find lots of ideas and inspiration for your creativity!
March 2020 Blog Hop:
All of the products that I used on this card are listed below. You can click on any of the photos to go directly to my Stampin’ Up!® online store.
This month’s Host Code is: ZPJ94S46.
If you place an order over $50 (before tax and shipping) using this host code, you will also receive a gift from me: a FREE Exclusive Project Tutorial PDF, see the sneak peek below. Each month, I partner with an amazingly talented group of demonstrators from around the world to create these project tutorials. This month’s tutorial features 12 awesome project ideas to inspire your creativity!
PS: It’s also Sale-A-Bration, y’all! So for every $50 you spend, you will also get free product from Stampin’ Up!®
If your order is over $150 (before tax and shipping), do NOT use the host code. You will earn host rewards from Stampin’ Up! AND you'll also receive the gift from me. Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have a HAPPY day today!