Hello Stamping Friends! Today I am sharing a card I created for our team blog hop! Chances are you arrived here from my amazing friend and upline Erica Cerwin’s blog. Welcome! Every month our team, the Sweet Stampede, will be sharing some fun projects and I’m excited to play along this month. We are focusing on the Retiring In-Colors. Which one is your favorite?
When it comes to my favorite retiring In-Color, it would have to be Peekaboo Peach! It WAS Flirty Flamingo, but now that we know this little gem is going to be hanging around in the new catalog, I went with my second favorite. I also created 10 of these cards for one of our team swaps this month. I made 2 different cards for the swap and will post the other one later this week.
On my card, I paired Peekaboo Peach with Soft Sky (another retiring color) and the Naturally Eclectic Designer Series Paper. There are so many awesome prints in this paper, I’m thinking I might want to grab another pack of it before it officially retires.
I don’t know if there is an “official” name for this particular card fold. I want to call it a “tri-fold shutter card” because that’s what it looks like to me. I’m sure there is a fancier name for it out there somewhere, so if you know what it is, let me know. :)
Here are the measurements:
- Sofy Sky card base - 5-1/2” x 11”, score at 2-1/8” on one side then flip it over and score at 2-1/8” on the opposite side to create the “shutters”
- Peekaboo Peach cardstock - 1-3/4” x 5-1/4” (cut 2 of these)
- Naturally Eclectic DSP - 1-1/2” x 5” (cut 2 of these)
- Whisper White (inside) - 4” x 5-1/4”
- Naturally Eclectic DSP (inside) 1/2” (give or take a little more) x 5-1/4”
- Old Olive Belly Band 1” x 11-1/2” (you can trim what you don’t need, it’s not an exact thing here)
- Soft Sky cardstock - piece for 3rd largest Layering Circle (scalloped) Framelit
- Whisper White cardstock - piece for 3rd largest Stitched Shapes Framelit
This card has a little “belly band” to keep it closed. Just slide it off and the card pops open. I just love a fun fold card, don’t you?
Y’all, can we just have a moment of silence for my favorite retiring product…Peekaboo Peach 5/8” Crinkled Seam Binding Trim. Not only does this trim have a TON of texture and dimension, it ties “like buttah” and that makes it extra special. I know not everyone is going to get that reference, so let’s just say it makes your bows look amazing and super fluffy.
The sentiment from the Beautiful Bouquet stamp set was embossed in Versamark Ink and Copper Embossing Powder. I’s almost like a rustic version of Peek-A-Boo Peach and adds a pop of shine, which I love.
I dressed up the inside of the card with a Happy Birthday sentiment, also from the Beautiful Bouquet set and added a little strip of DSP for a “pop” of pattern.
I hope you will join us on our hop today, From here, you will join Britney. Hop on over to her blog to see what she has shared...
Here are the links to everyone joining our team hop. Stop by and say hello. :)
Thanks for visiting today.
- Britney Vanderlaan
- Heather Guerrero
- Tiffany Almeida
- Krystal Roberts
- Lisa Cunningham
- Erica Cerwin
- Anne Marie Hile (You are here)