Hello and Happy Friday! It’s time for another Festive Friday challenge and it’s a fun one. We are showcasing projects celebrating Creativity Day and/or Fun Folds. To play along is easy. Create a project around the holiday, or around the fun fold theme…or use both elements for your inspiration. We’d love to see what you create!
For my project, I decided to create a fun fold easel card along with celebrating Creativity Day by using the “Floating Frame” technique on my card. This technique is one I have been wanting to try for quite some time now. There are lots of videos out there on how to create these frames, just ask your buddy Google to help you find one.For my card, I used the Beautiful Promenade stamp set and coordinating Beautiful Layers Dies. This is such a great bundle filled with beautiful images and encouraging quotes. It is quickly becoming one of my favorites. Through June 3rd you can purchase the stamps and dies as a bundle to get an extra 10% off
To create the sentiment on the front of the card, I inked up the “You are Loved” sentiment in Granny Apple Green ink and added a Post It Note over the “Loved” word on the stamp. I stamped “You are” on a 1/2” x 1” piece of Whisper White Cardstock and snipped off the ends at an angle. I popped this up on Stampin’ Dimensionals and then added the “Amazing” from the Celebrate You Dies.
- Granny Apple Green Card Base - 5-1/2” x 8-1/2”, score at 2-1/8” and 4-1/4”
- Gorgeous Grape Cardstock - 4-1/8” x 5-7/8”
- Whisper White Cardstock (embossed with Seaside Embossing folder) - 3-1/2” x 5” Note: I also used a Stampin’ Spritzer with a couple drops of Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint and 70% rubbing alcohol to create some shimmer on this layer. Give it time to dry before assembling the card.
- Soft Sea Foam Cardstock - 4” x 5-1/4”
- Whisper White Cardstock (inside card) - 4” x 5-1/4”
I dressed up the floral images with the Wink of Stella Glitter Brush in the centers of the flowers for some added sparkle and topped them off with some pearls.
- Stamp 6 flowers from Beautiful Promenade stamp set in Gorgeous Grape ink on Highland Heather Cardstock and use Beautiful Layers Dies to cut out
- Stamp 8 leaves from Beautiful Promenade stamp set in Granny Apple Green ink on Whisper White Cardstock and use Beautiful Layers Dies to cut out
- Starting with the floral image pieces, lay them down (without using any adhesive) on the piece of 4” x 5-1/4” piece of Soft Sea Foam Cardstock. Some will hang off the edges of the cardstock, those will be trimmed off later
- Layer in the leaf dies around the flowers to fill-in the open spaces on the Soft Sea Foam cardstock
- Lay a piece of Glad Press and Seal OR Post It Full Adhesive Notes (use multiple) carefully over the entire piece of cardstock with layered dies. Trim the excess around the edges of the piece of Soft Sea Foam Cardstock so that edges are even
- Lay a Rectangle Stitched Die in the center of the Press and Seal covered cardstock and cut out the center using a die cutting machine
- Carefully peel the Press and Seal back from the Soft Sea Foam Cardstock. The die cut shapes will stick to the Press and Seal
- Add Stampin’ Dimensionals to the back of the die cut images. Be generous with them!
- Then add the images to the Soft Sea Foam Frame
- Carefully peel back the Press and Seal from the top of the images to remove
Finally, here is a close up of the inside of the card. I added the sentiment from the Beautiful Promenade stamp set on a small Rectangle Stitched Die and layered another die behind it. I used Stamping Dimensionals to adhere these dies to the inside of the card. The added dimension helps to hold the easel card upright when displayed.
So, what do you say? Would you like to join us and share a project? You can check out the Festive Friday Challenge HERE. You can enter your project for this challenge through Monday, May 27th at 8pm CST.
Stop by and say hello to the Design Team:
Anne Marie Hile (you are here!)
Sharon Burkert (off this week)
All of the products I used are listed below. You can click on any of the photos to go directly to my Stampin’ Up!® online store. This month’s Host Code is: . If you place an order over $50 (before tax and shipping) using this host code, you will receive a gift from me. If your order is over $150 (before tax and shipping), do NOT use the host code. You will earn host rewards from Stampin’ Up! AND you'll also receive a gift from me. Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have a HAPPY day!