Happy Sunday! Time for a new creative challenge over at The Paper Players.
This week, Ann is our lovely hostess for our monthly Color Challenge.
Check it out and play along with us!
Ok, as soon as I saw these colors ALL I could think of was Valentine’s Day. I decided to challenge myself to make a non-Valentine’s Day card. I’m pretty much finished with all of my Valentine’s Day projects, however I still have LOTS of the From My Heart Specialty Designer Series Paper left which has pink, red and white as the color combo. That was my starting point for the card.
Right now, I’m really enjoying the Thoughtful Blooms Stamp Set and coordinating Small Bloom Punch, both of which can be earned for FREE with qualifying orders during Stampin’ Up!® Sale-A-Bration. To learn more about Sale-A-Bration, CLICK HERE. Those little flowers are the perfect size! I decided to pair them up with the So Sentimental Stamp Set and pop in some vellum leaves from the Stitched Be Mine Dies. I also stamped some of the leaf images in the background.
I’ve listed all of the products used to create this card at the end of this post. Also, the measurements and some details are listed below, if you’d like them.
As soon as I saw the current Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge, I KNEW I had to create a card with it. All. Of. Those. Fabulous. Layers. Swoon! This is one of my all-time favorite sketch challenges and I’m very happy to play along. Click the link above to check it out. You can share your card through February 16th.Card Measurements and Details:
- Real Red Card Base - 4-1/4” x 11”, scored at 5-1/2”
- Basic Black Cardstock - 4” x 5-1/4”
- From My Heart Specialty Designer Series Paper (striped pattern) - 3-7/8” x 5-1/8”
- Whisper White Cardstock - 3-1/2” x 4-1/2”, emboss with Subtle 3D Embossing Folder
- Flirty Flamingo Cardstock - 2” x 5-1/8”, stamp leafy image from the Thoughtful Blooms Stamp Set randomly in Flirty Flamingo ink
- From My Heart Specialty Designer Series Paper (polka dot foil pattern) - 2-1/2” x 4”
- Basic Black Cardstock - scrap to die cut 2-1/2” scallop circle from Layering Circle Dies
- Whisper White Cardstock - scrap to die cut 2-3/8” circle from Layering Circle Dies, stamp sentiment from So Sentimental Stamp Set in Real Red ink
- Vellum Cardstock - scrap to die cut 3 leafy branches from the Stitched Be Mine Dies
- Flirty Flamingo Cardstock - scrap to stamp 3 floral images from Thoughtful Blooms Stamp Set and then punch out using Small Blooms Punch
- Adhere Red Rhinestones to the centers of punched flowers
- Adhere vellum leafy branches to the back of the flowers using Mini Glue Dots
- Whisper White Cardstock (inside card) - 4” x 5-1/4”
- From My Heart Specialty Designer Series Paper (striped pattern, inside card) - 1-1/4” x 5-1/4”
Finally, here is a peek inside the card. I just added a little pop of that fun DSP and left it blank for a handwritten thank you note.
I hope you will join us this week over at The Paper Players and share your project for our Color Challenge. We’d love to see what you come up with! You can link up your project through Noon PST on Friday February 14th, 2020.
All of the products that I used on this card are listed below. You can click on any of the photos to go directly to my Stampin’ Up!® online store.
This month’s Host Code is: VXZ333GZ. If you place an order over $50 (before tax and shipping) using this host code, you will also receive a gift from me: a free exclusive PDF project tutorial bundle. (see the sneak peek below) It’s also Sale-A-Bration, y’all! So for every $50 you spend, you also get free product from Stampin’ Up!®
If your order is over $150 (before tax and shipping), do NOT use the host code. You will earn host rewards from Stampin’ Up! AND you'll also receive the gift from me. Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have a HAPPY day today!