Happy Sunday! Time for a new creative challenge over at The Paper Players.
This week, Laurie is the hostess for our monthly Color Challenge and it’s a fun one.
Check it out and play along with us!
Coastal Cabana is one of those colors that can simply do no wrong, in my opinion. It looks great with so many colors and I just love this trio with Calypso Coral and Bermuda Bay. I was immediately inspired to make a birthday card using the Broadway Birthday stamp set and coordinating Broadway Lights Dies. This is a stamp set that seen a LOT of ink in my stamp studio. Not only does it have great birthday sentiments, it also has little birthday elements like party hats, candles and balloons that are great “go-to” accents for birthday cards. I’ve listed all of the supplies I used on the card at the end of this post.My card started out as something completely different. I used a sketch challenge to try to get my creativity going but as much as I tried, the sketch was NOT working for me. That is a shocker because normally sketch challenges are my favorite. Hmmm. I had already stamped and die cut the balloons from the Broadway Birthday stamp set and committed to using the Birthday Bonanza Designer Series Paper for the color challenge. My card just kind of came together with the addition of the Stitched So Sweetly Dies and a little stitched scalloped border accent from the Stitched Be Mine Dies.
I went back and forth with those little strips of DSP on the top and bottom of the layout. Sometimes “stamping karma” makes the decision easy for you when you accidentally smudge some ink on your white cardstock. I actually don’t mind the extra pop of color and pattern. Is it 100% evenly placed? Maybe not. I was at the mercy of the ink smudge, so if it’s a little “off” just pretend you don’t see it, ok?
Card Measurements and Details:
- Calypso Coral Card Base - 4-1/4” x 11”, score at 5-1/2”
- Bermuda Bay Cardstock - 4” x 5-1/4”
- Whisper White Cardstock - 3-7/8” x 5-1/8”, embossed with Subtle 3D Embossing Folder
- Bemuda Bay Cardstock - two scraps at least 3-7/8” long and about 3/4” wide to die cut two stitched scalloped pieces using the Stitched Be Mine Dies
- Birthday Bonanza Designer Series Paper (Calypso Coral pattern) - 3-7/8” x 2-1/2”
- Birthday Bonanza Designer Series Paper (Coastal Cabana pattern) - 3-7/8” x 1/2”, two pieces
- Whisper White Cardstock - scrap to die cut the label from the Stitched So Sweetly Dies
- Whisper White Cardstock - scrap to stamp three balloon images and three balloon string images, then die cut using Broadway Lights Dies, use Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush to add sparkly detail to balloons
- Color Rhinestone Basic Jewels with Calypso Coral Dark Stampin’ Blends marker, add to die cut
- Whisper White Cardstock (sentiment) - 1-7/8” x 3/8”, snip off both ends at an angle
- Whisper White Cardstock (inside card) - 4” x 5-1/4”
- Birthday Bonanza Designer Series Paper (inside card) - 1” x 5-1/4”
Finally, a look inside the card. Just wanted to point out that the popped-up sentiment wasn’t originally intended. “Someone” smudged some ink on the cardstock AGAIN, so it was an easy fix. After all, there are no mistakes in stamping, just opportunities for embellishment. Also, that Whisper White cardstock was intended to be 4” x 5-1/4” but looking at the photo, I think I added a piece that was cut a little smaller that was laying on my desk. It’s ok, it’s handmade and I don’t think the recipient will mind at all. :)
I hope you will join us this week over at The Paper Players and share your project for our Color Challenge. We’d love to see what you come up with! You can link up your project through Noon PST on Friday March 13th, 2020.
Thanks for stopping by today! All of the products that I used on this card are listed below. You can click on any of the photos to go directly to my Stampin’ Up!® online store.
This month’s Host Code is: ZPJ94S46.
If you place an order over $50 (before tax and shipping) using this host code, you will also receive a gift from me: a FREE Exclusive Project Tutorial PDF, see the sneak peek below. Each month, I partner with an amazingly talented group of demonstrators from around the world to create these project tutorials. This month’s tutorial features 12 awesome project ideas to inspire your creativity!
PS: It’s also Sale-A-Bration, y’all! So for every $50 you spend, you will also get free product from Stampin’ Up!®
If your order is over $150 (before tax and shipping), do NOT use the host code. You will earn host rewards from Stampin’ Up! AND you'll also receive the gift from me. Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have a HAPPY day today!