Hello and Happy Friday! Time for a brand new Festive Friday Challenge. For #FF0054, our festivity is the First Day of Spring, which is coming up March 19th. Our Inspo List features 10 items you can choose from to create your project. in your project and link up to the challenge! And guess what? Your project doesn’t have to be about the First Day of Spring – at all! The selected festivity is just a unique way to come up with some fun and interesting ideas to inspire your creativity!
My Inspo List Picks:
Pastel Colors - Stitching - Cute Animals - Glossy Effect - Rain/Umbrella
As soon as I saw the Inspo List for this challenge, I knew I wanted to make a birthday card with a bit of a Spring theme. I paired the Under My Umbrella Bundle with one of the cute little critters from the Welcome Easter Stamp Set. There are 3 cute critters in that stamp set: a bunny, a lamb and this adorable little chick. I decided to use the chick because his tiny feather could “hold” the punched umbrella perfectly. I also heat embossed some little “raindrops” above his umbrella for some adde detail.
The Pleased as Punch Designer Series paper on this card is one of my all-time favorites! This pack of DSP has 4 different paper patterns that coordinate with 3 different punches in the Stampin’ Up!® 2020 Mini Catalog: (1) Heart Punch Pack, (2) Tulip Builder Punch, and (3) Umbrella Builder Punch. Plus, one of the patterns coordinates with the Small Bloom Punch from the Sale-A-Bration Catalog. One side of the DSP can be used with the punches and the other side has fun coordinating patterns like the raindrops and that fabulous rainbow stripe. This paper is only available for a limited time though, so if you love it as much as I do, get it while you still can! I’ve listed all of the links to the products used on this card at the end of this post.
The layout for my card was inspired by the weekly Mojo Monday sketch challenge. I love a good sketch as a starting point for a card and this one was perfect because of all of those lovely layers.
My measurements are a little bit different than the original sketch because I popped in an extra layer. Shocking right? Haha! I’ve listed all of the measurement and details for my card below.Card Measurements and Details:
- Daffodil Delight Card Base - 4-1/4” x 11”, scored at 5-1/2”
- Balmy Blue Cardstock - 4” x 5-1/4”
- Whisper White Cardstock - 3-7/8” x 5-1/8”, emboss using Subtle 3D Embossing Folder
- Pleased as Punch Designer Series Paper (striped pattern) - 1” x 5-1/8”
- Pleased as Punch Designer Series Paper (raindrop pattern) - 1-3/4” x 5-1/8”
- Whisper White Cardstock - die cut the 2” x 3-1/8” stitched scalloped rectangle from Stitched So Sweetly Dies, then heat emboss raindrop image from Under My Umbrella stamp set using Clear Stampin’ Emboss Powder
- Daffodil Delight Cardstock - die cut 2-1/2” scalloped circle from Layering Circles Dies
- Whisper White Cardstock - stamp chick image from Welcome Easter stamp set, die cut using 2-3/8” circle from Layering Circles Dies, color image using Stampin Blends (colors listed below), accent using Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush
- Whisper White Cardstock - 1-1/2" x 1/2”, stamp sentiment from Under My Umbrella Stamp set and snip off each end at an angle
- Pleased As Punch Designer Series Paper - punch out 2 umbrellas and 2 umbrella handles (one for front and one for inside) using the Umbrella Builder Punch, accent umbrellas using Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush
- Whisper White Flax Ribbon - trim down the center of a piece of the ribbon to pull apart smaller “strands” to wrap around card layer and tie a double-bow
- Whisper White Cardstock (inside card) - 4” x 5-1/4”
- Pleased as Punch Designer Series Paper (striped pattern, inside card) - 1” x 5-1/4”
Finally, here is a look inside the card. I added a little strip of that colorful Designer Series Paper, another punched umbrella and a “Happy Birthday” sentiment from the Peaceful Moments Stamp Set.
Hop on over to the Festive Friday Challenge to see what the rest of the Design Team shared this week. We’d love to have you join us with your project! The challenge is open from today through Monday March 16th at 8:00 PM CST, so you have plenty of time to play along.
Anne Marie Hile (you are here!)
Thanks for stopping by today! All of the products that I used on this card are listed below. You can click on any of the photos to go directly to my Stampin’ Up!® online store.
This month’s Host Code is: ZPJ94S46.
If you place an order over $50 (before tax and shipping) using this host code, you will also receive a gift from me: a FREE Exclusive Project Tutorial PDF, see the sneak peek below. Each month, I partner with an amazingly talented group of demonstrators from around the world to create these project tutorials. This month’s tutorial features 12 awesome project ideas to inspire your creativity!
PS: It’s also Sale-A-Bration, y’all! So for every $50 you spend, you will also get free product from Stampin’ Up!®
If your order is over $150 (before tax and shipping), do NOT use the host code. You will earn host rewards from Stampin’ Up! AND you'll also receive the gift from me. Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have a HAPPY day today!