Happy Sunday! Time for a new creative challenge over at The Paper Players.
This week, Claire is hosting our monthly Sketch Challenge.
Check it out and play along with us!
I know that I’ve said it before but Sketch Challenges are my favorite! I just love how you can make the sketch come to life in so many different ways. I actually needed to make a thank you card, so that was my starting point for my card this week. I’ve listed all of the measurements and details below. There is also a supply list at the end of the post.
This card features some new products that will be featured in the upcoming Stampin’ Up!® Annual Catalog in June. The Ornate Garden Suite is available to demonstrators to order right now and will be available to customers as an “early release” starting April 1st. My card features the Ornate Layers Dies, Ornate Garden Specialty Designer Series Paper, the Ornate Garden Ribbon Combo Pack (in Terracotta Tile and Old Olive) and the gold Gilded Gems. I’ve really been enjoying crafting with this suite already!
This pattern of the DSP is probably my favorite…well, today anyway. Mint Macaron is not a color I use very often and I just love it paired with these colors. Technically PearPizzazz and Blushing Bride are NOT listed as coordinating colors on the paper, however, I think with this particular patten, they work pretty well, don’t you?
I dressed up the sentiment with the little trio of flowers from the Ornate Layers Dies and then added some leaves and sprigs to add additional detail. I added texture to the leaves with the Subtle Embossing folder and it’s tough to see in the photo but they also have some Clear Wink of Stella for added sparkle. Those gold Gilded Gems in the centers of the flowers have to be my new favorite embellishment. I just think they are the perfect finishing touch!Card Measurements and Details:
- Mint Macaron Card Base - 5-1/2” x 8-1/2”, scored at 4-1/4”
- Terracotta Tile Cardstock - 5-1/4” x 4”
- Ornate Garden Specialty Designer Series Paper (sneak peek) - 5-1/8” x 3-7/8”
- Gold Foil - scraps to die cut two scalloped borders from the Ornate Layers Dies (sneak peek)
- Ornate Garden Ribbon (sneak peek) - two 4-1/4” pieces to wrap around Ornate Garden Specialty DSP
- Blushing Bride Cardstock - scrap to die cut three flowers from Ornate Layers Dies, then sponge Blushing Bride Ink around edges of flowers to add shading
- Pear Pizzazz Cardstock - scrap to punch two leaves from Leaf Punch, emboss using Subtle 3D Embossing Folder and accent using Clear Wink Stella Glitter Brush
- Vellum Cardstock - scrap to punch two sprigs from Sprig Punch
- Whisper White Cardstock - scrap to die cut sentient frame from Stitched So Sweetly Dies, stamp sentiment from So Sentimental stamp set in Early Espresso Ink
- Gilded Gems (sneak peek) - add to centers of flowers
- Whisper White Cardstock (inside card) - 5-1/4” x 4”
- Ornate Garden Specialty Designer Series Paper (inside card) - 1” x 4”
Finally, a look inside the card. I added another strip of that beautiful DSP and left it blank to add a handwritten thank you note.
I hope you will join us this week over at The Paper Players and share your project for our Sketch Challenge. We’d love to see what you come up with! You can link up your project through Noon PST on Friday March 27th, 2020.
Be sure to stop by and say hello to The Paper Players Design Team:
Anne Marie Hile (that’s me!)
Thanks for stopping by today! All of the products that I used on this card are listed below. You can click on any of the photos to go directly to my Stampin’ Up!® online store.
This month’s Host Code is: ZPJ94S46.
If you place an order over $50 (before tax and shipping) using this host code, you will also receive a gift from me: a FREE Exclusive Project Tutorial PDF, see the sneak peek below. Each month, I partner with an amazingly talented group of demonstrators from around the world to create these project tutorials. This month’s tutorial features 12 awesome project ideas to inspire your creativity!
PS: It’s also Sale-A-Bration, y’all! So for every $50 you spend, you will also get free product from Stampin’ Up!®
If your order is over $150 (before tax and shipping), do NOT use the host code. You will earn host rewards from Stampin’ Up! AND you'll also receive the gift from me. Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have a HAPPY day today!
FYI: The Ornate Garden Specialty DSP, Ornate Borders Dies, Ornate Garden Ribbon Combo Pack and Gilded Gems are not listed below and will be available starting April 1st.