Hello and Happy Friday! Time for a brand new Festive Friday Challenge. For #FF0055, our festivity is the National Unicorn Day, which is coming up April 9th. Our Inspo List features 10 items you can choose from to create your project. in your project and link up to the challenge! And guess what? Your project doesn’t have to be about the National Unicorn Day – at all! The selected festivity is just a unique way to come up with some fun and interesting ideas to inspire your creativity!
My Inspo List Picks: Glitter / Glimmer - Rhinestones - Stars or Hearts - Rose Gold
As soon as I saw the challenge I knew Rose Gold was going to play a big role in it. Fun Fact: I’m obsessed with everything rose gold. Seriously EVERYTHING! It was the perfect opportunity to use some of the new Flowering Foils Specialty Designer Series Paper that I just earned for FREE with a qualifying Sale-A-Bration order. (Want more info on SAB? Click HERE.) I also pulled out some Rose Gold Foil paper from the Everything is Rosy Product Medley. This medley is currently available on the Clearance Rack so if you are looking for a good buy on a LOT of product, check it out HERE.
My card also features a sneak peek of a new stamp set that will be in the new Stampin’ Up!® Annual Catalog. The Ornate Thanks stamp set is available for demonstrators to order right now and there will be an opportunity for customers to purchase it early starting on April 1st. I’ve listed all of the products I used along with the measurements below.
It’s a little tough to see in the photos but I did add a LOT of extra sparkle by spritzing the Whisper White Cardstock and also the Night of Navy die cut with a mixture of Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint and rubbing alcohol in a Stampin’ Spritzer. Never tried this? It’s super easy. The key is to use a low percentage rubbing alcohol. (70% works best, I’ve found) Fill the Stampin Spritzer 3/4” full with rubbing aloha and then add a couple of drops of Shimmer Paint. Then shake well and you have instant sparkle spray!
The layout of my card was inspired by the current sketch challenge over at Freshly Made Sketches. I did scoot the sentiment over a wee bit because I didn’t want to cover up those shimmery stars.
Card Measurements and Details:
- Petal Pink Card Base - 4-1/4” x 11”, scored at 5-1/2”
- Night of Navy Cardstock - 4” x 5-1/4”
- Whisper White Cardstock - 3-7/8” x 5-1/8”, embossed with Scripty 3D Embossing Folder and then spritzed with a mixture of Champagne Shimmer paint and rubbing alcohol for added sparkle
- Flowering Foils Specialty Designer Series Paper - 3-7/8” x 1-3/4”
- Vellum Cardstock - 3-7/8” x 3/4”, die cut a stitched scallop border from the Be Mine Stitched Dies
- Whisper White Cardstock - 2-1/8” x 1/2”, stamp sentiment from Ornate Thanks stamp set in Night of Navy Ink
- Night of Navy Cardstock - scrap to die cut the stars from the Stitched Stars Dies, then spritz with the mixture of Champagne Mist Shimmer paint and rubbing alcohol for added sparkle
- Rose Gold Foil (from Everything is Rosy Product Medley) - scrappy die cut the stars from the Stitched Stars Dies
- Add Champagne Rhinestone Basic Jewels to accent die cut image
- Whisper White Cardstock (inside card) - 4” x 5-1/4”
- Flowering Foils Specialty Designer Series Paper (inside card) - 1-1/4” x 5-14”
For the inside of the card, I kept things simple to either add an appropriate sentiment later or just write a handwritten note.
Hop on over to the Festive Friday Challenge to see what the rest of the Design Team shared this week. We’d love to have you join us with your project! The challenge is open from today through Monday March 30th at 8:00 PM CST, so you have plenty of time to play along.
Anne Marie Hile (that’s me!)
Thanks for stopping by today! All of the products that I used on this card are listed below. You can click on any of the photos to go directly to my Stampin’ Up!® online store.
This month’s Host Code is: ZPJ94S46.
If you place an order over $50 (before tax and shipping) using this host code, you will also receive a gift from me: a FREE Exclusive Project Tutorial PDF, see the sneak peek below. Each month, I partner with an amazingly talented group of demonstrators from around the world to create these project tutorials. This month’s tutorial features 12 awesome project ideas to inspire your creativity!
PS: It’s also Sale-A-Bration, y’all! So for every $50 you spend, you will also get free product from Stampin’ Up!®
If your order is over $150 (before tax and shipping), do NOT use the host code. You will earn host rewards from Stampin’ Up! AND you'll also receive the gift from me. Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have a HAPPY day today!
FYI: The Ornate Thanks stamp set is not listed below and will be available to order starting April 1st.