Hello and welcome to Kylie’s Demonstrator Training Blog Hop for April! We are a group of Stampin’ Up!® Demonstrators from all over the world sharing our love of stamping. We are all part of Kylie Bertucci’s training group where we are having a great time learning and growing our Stampin’ Up!® businesses. If this is the first time you are visiting my blog, welcome! My name is Anne Marie Hile and I live in the United States. I’m so glad you stopped by today!
You may be starting here or have arrived from another blog - either way, you can find the link list of all of the participants at the bottom of this post. Happy Hopping!The weather is absolutely gorgeous today here in Texas, sunny and about 70 degrees. This weather really puts me in the mood for Spring and it really inspires me to use lots of bright and happy colors and patterns. Of course, the first products that came to mind were the Dressed to Impress stamp set, the coordinating All Dressed Up Dies and the Best Dressed Designer Series Paper. This paper in one of my absolute favorites in the Stampin’ Up!® Spring Mini Catalog. The mix of colors are absolutely gorgeous together!
Last Friday on my Facebook Live, I shared this fun/fancy fold card (along with a cute little treat box) using a different suite of products. If you would like to check out the Facebook Live video to watch how this card comes together, you can check out the replay HERE.
I had so much fun making this type of fun/fancy fold, I decided to make a few more to mail out to friends this week using the Dress to Impress Bundle. I found the idea for this fun fold while scrolling through Pinterest one day, which sent me over to the Kard’s by Katie blog. Of course, when I went back to find the link, I couldn’t locate it. I’m still looking and when I track the link to her blog down, I’ll add it here.Here are a few more photos to show how the photo opens up. It’s a fun way to showcase different patterns of Designer Series Paper and even though it has a few extra folds than a regular card, it isn’t too bulky to mail, which is always a good thing. I’ve listed all of the measurements and details for the card below and there is also a full supply list at the end of the blog post, if you are interested.
The key to getting the card to open and close properly is to make sure you place the adhesive properly on the back of the scalloped circle. In the photo above, it shows how I added the Stampin’ Dimensionals to the BACK of the die cut circle. Notice how the top and bottom of the circle do not have any adhesive. That will allow the top flap to tuck under the circle to close the card and will also allow the card to open fully.
Card Measurements and Details:
- Lovely Lipstick Card Base - 5-1/2” x 11”, on long side score at 1-1/4”, 4” and 6-3/4”
- Dress to Impress Designer Series Paper (stripe pattern) - 1” x 5-1/4”, 2 pieces
- Dress to Impress Designer Series Paper (floral pattern) - 2-1/4” x 5-1/4”
- Dress to Impress Designer Series Paper (green polka dot pattern) - 2-1/4” x 5-1/4”
- Dress to Impress Designer Series Paper (stripe pattern) - 1/2” x 5-1/4”
- Whisper White Cardstock - 4” x 5-1/4”, adhere the 1/2” x 5-1/4” piece of DSP to the bottom of this layer, then stamp sentiment and two lipstick images from Dressed to Impress stamp set, color images with Stampin’ Blends
- Whisper White Cardstock - die cut a circle form the Stitched Shapes Dies
- Petal Pink Cardstock - die cut a scalloped circle from the Layering Circles Dies
- Whisper White Cardstock - scrap to stamp and die cut the lipstick image from the Dressed to Impress stamp set.
- Adhere the bow using Mini Glue Dot
- Add three Petal Pink Rhinestone Gems to accent card, as shown
Finally, a look at the card all opened up. I just love that sassy sentiment, don’t you?
We all hope that you find lots of ideas and inspiration for your creativity!
April 2020 Blog Hop:
Thanks for stopping by today! All of the products that I used on this card are listed below. You can click on any of the photos to go directly to my Stampin’ Up!® online store.
The current Host Code is: QS6DETGG
If you place an order over $50 (before tax and shipping) using this host code, you will also receive a gift from me: a FREE Exclusive Project Tutorial PDF, see the sneak peek below. Each month, I partner with an amazingly talented group of demonstrators from around the world to create these project tutorials. This month’s tutorial features 12 awesome project ideas to inspire your creativity!
If your order is over $150 (before tax and shipping), do NOT use the host code. You will earn host rewards from Stampin’ Up! AND you'll also receive the gift from me. Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have a HAPPY day today!