My projects this month include a Mother’s Day card along with a fun and simple Post-It holder using the To A Wild Rose Stamp Set and Wild Rose Dies along with sentiments from the Well Said Stamp Set from Stampin’ Up!The card has LOT of little details, including the watercolor wash background on the Shimmery White Cardstock layer using Pool Party Ink and an Aqua-Painter. After I did the watercolor wash, I used a Crumb Cake Stampin’ Write Marker to add some speckled details to the card front. I simply “flicked” the tip of the marker against the inside of the marker lid to create a “splattered” ink detail. After the Shimmery White Cardstock was dry, I ran it through the Brick & Mortar 3D Embossing folder for added texture.
The To a Wild Rose stamp set is a beautiful stamp set and the flowers and leaves have such pretty detail through a 3-step stamping process. By layering the stamps over each other, you add a beautiful mix of color and texture to the image.
If you’d like to watch my Facebook Live video of how these projects were put together: CLICK HERE.
I started out stamping outline of the flower using Daffodil Delight Ink. That I used the image that fills in the flower using Daffodil Delight ink, I stamped it off TWICE on scrap paper before stamping over the flower. Then I used the image that adds the little details to the flower, again using Daffodil Delight Ink and stamping-off ONCE on scrap paper before stamping over the image.I just love the detail it adds to the flower, don’t you? By the way, I’ve listed all of the measurements and details below and there is a full supply list at the end of this post.
One of the MANY things I love about the Stampin’ Blends Markers is that not only do they create awesome shading on an image, but that also make it easy to create custom colored embellishments for your projects. I took a piece of Whisper White Crinkled Seam Binding and colored it with a Daffodil Delight Light Stampin’ Blends marker. Just leave it a few minutes to dry and there you have it….custom colored ribbon!
Card Measurements and Details:
- Crumb Cake Card Base - 4-1/4” x 11”, scored at 5-1/2”
- Daffodil Delight Cardstock - 4” x 5-1/4”
- Shimmery White Cardstock - 3-7/8” x 5-1/8”. watercolor wash background using Pool Party Ink and Aqua-Painter, emboss with Brick & Mortar 3D Embossing folder, flick ink from Crumb Cake Stampin’ Write Marker all over image, sponge Crumb Cake Ink around edges using a Stamping Sponge.
- Scraps of Whisper White Cardstock, Pear Pizzazz Cardstock, Vellum and Gold Foil for die cut images.
- Scrap of Crumb Cake Cardstock to stamp sentient from Well Written Stamp Set, die cut using Stitched Nested Labels Die and then ink Crumb Cake Ink around edges using a Stamping Sponge
- Color 2 pieces of Whisper White Crinkled Seam Binding with Daffodill Delight Light Stampin Blends Marker and tie a double bow for the card. Attach with a glue dot
- Cover accented areas of flower with Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush
- Add a trio of sequins from the Woven Threads Sequins Assortment to the front of card, using glue
Post-It Holder Measurements and Details:
- Crumb Cake Cardstock: 3-1/4” x 7”, on the long side score at 3-1/4” and 3-3/4”
- Daffodil Delight Cardstock - 3” x 3”
- Whisper White Cardstock - 2-3/4” x 2-3/4”, emboss with Brick & Mortar 3D Embossing Folder and sponge edges with Crumb Cake Ink
- Stamp floral image on Whisper White Cardstock in Daffodil Delight Ink, stamp the detailed floral image in Daffodil Delight stamped-off once and stamp the “filler” image in Daffodil Delight, stamped-off twice
- Stamp the center of the flower in Calypso Coral Ink
- Stamp the leaf outline in Pear Pizzazz ink on Pear Pizzazz Cardstock
- Stamp the “center” of the leaf in Pear Pizzazz ink stamped-off once
- Die cut the leaf image using the Wild Rose Dies
- Die cut another leaf image from the Wild Rose Dies in Gold Foil
- Stamp Sentiment in Early Espresso Ink on Crumb Cake Cardstock, then trim around the edges and add to the front of the Post-It Holder using Stampin’ Dimensionals and SNAIL
- Adhere a trio of sequins from Woven Threads Sequins Assortment using liquid Glue
April 2020 Stampin’ Friends Blog Hop:
- Stephanie Jandrow
- Jo Blackman
- Jean Bolen Beaulieu
- Teri Pocock
- Tiziana Milano
- Kim Quade
- Heidi Collins
- Katja Ettig
- Rachael Rife
- Maureen Rauchfuss
- Kim Lamos
- Barbara Welch
- Anne Marie Hile (you are here!)
- Melissa Thomas
Thanks for stopping by today! All of the products that I used on this card are listed below. You can click on any of the photos to go directly to my Stampin’ Up!® online store.
The current Host Code is: QS6DETGG
If you place an order over $50 (before tax and shipping) using this host code, you will also receive a gift from me: a FREE Exclusive Project Tutorial PDF, see the sneak peek below. Each month, I partner with an amazingly talented group of demonstrators from around the world to create these project tutorials. This month’s tutorial features 12 awesome project ideas to inspire your creativity!
If your order is over $150 (before tax and shipping), do NOT use the host code. You will earn host rewards from Stampin’ Up! AND you'll also receive the gift from me. Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have a HAPPY day today!