Welcome once again to our Third Thursdays Blog Hop! This month, our theme for the hop is Ornate Colors. What does that mean? Everyone on the hop will be featuring awesome projects to inspire your creativity using one or more of the following themes:
- Projects/Cards for Encouragement
- Projects featuring the retiring Stampin’ Up!® InColors
- Ornate Garden Suite
I’ve listed all of the hoppers toward the end of the post, so make sure you stop by and see what everyone has to share today!My projects feature the new Ornate Garden Suite from Stampin’ Up!® This MEGA bundle of products will be available in the new 2020-2021 Stampin’ Up!® Annual Catalog launching June 3rd. But guess what? You can get them right NOW as part of an early release! Exciting, right? I’m really loving this suite of products so much. There are two stamp and die sets, paper, ribbon, a 3D Embossing folder, embellishments. It’s all just so beautiful! You can take a look at the whole suite HERE.
I have listed measurements and details for both projects throughout this post. There is also a full supply list located at the very end of the post, if you wanted more info on any of the products I used.
t’s no secret that I LOVE a lot of texture on my cards! The Ornate Floral 3D Embossing Folder has quickly become one of my favorites and I also added the Subtle 3D Embossing Folder to the Gold Foil to add a little more interest to the background. I die cut the frame using the Ornate Garden Specialty Designer Series Paper. It adds a great pop of color without overpowering the layout. I love the look of metallic embossing, I think it really adds an elegant touch to a card. There are a lot of options for sentiments in the Ornate Thanks stamp set so it really is a great set to invest in, in my opinion. We all need thank you cards, right?
Card Measurements and Details:
- Terracotta Tile Cardstock - 5-1/2” x 8-1/2”, scored at 4-1/4”
- Early Espresso Cardstock - 5-1/4” x 4”
- Mint Macaron Cardstock - 5-1/8” x 3-7/8”, embossed with Ornate Floral 3D Embossing Folder
- Gold Foil - 5-1/8” x 1-1/8”, embossed with Subtle 3D Embossing Folder
- Ornate Garden Specialty Designer Series Paper - die cut using Ornate Borders Dies
- Mint Macaron Cardstock - 2-1/4” x 1-1/8”, rub Embossing Buddy over cardstock, stamp sentiments in Versamark Ink and heat emboss usingGold Stampin’ Emboss Powder and a Heat tool
- Tie a piece of Terracotta Tile ribbon from the Ornate Garden Ribbon Combo pack around the Mint Macaron Cardstock layer
- Add three Gilded Gems to the card front
The coordinating gift box comes together really easily and guess what? There is NO stamping involved! This card fits a variety of items, it’s not really for anything specific. Personally, I like to fill these boxes with candy or other sweet treats but they fit so many other little gifts. It’s also a great box to make in bulk, if you have a lot of little treats to share.
I’ve listed the measurements and a cutting template below, but if you would like to see a video on how to put the box together, you can check out my Facebook Live video from last Friday. CLICK HERE to watch the video.
- Mint Macaron Cardstock - 6” x 11”
- On long side, score at 1/2”, 2-1/4”, 5-3/4” and 7-1/2"
- On short side, score at 1-3/4”
- Ornate Garden Specialty Designer Series Paper - 2” x 12”, punch each end using the Scalloped Tag Topper Punch
- Terracotta Tile Cardstock - scrap to punch two daisies from the Daisy Punch and one smaller daisy from the Medium Daisy Punch
- Early Espresso Cardstock - scrap to punch one circle from 1/2” Circle Punch
- Cover the daisies and the flower center with Wink of Stella for added sparkle and stack together using Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Tie a piece of Terracotta Tile ribbon from the Ornate Garden Ribbon Combo pack in a bow to close the gift box
April 2020 Third Thursdays Blog Hop:
Anne Marie Hile (you are here!)
Thanks for stopping by today! All of the products that I used on this card are listed below. You can click on any of the photos to go directly to my Stampin’ Up!® online store.
The current Host Code is: QS6DETGG
If you place an order over $50 (before tax and shipping) using this host code, you will also receive a gift from me: a FREE Exclusive Project Tutorial PDF, see the sneak peek below. Each month, I partner with an amazingly talented group of demonstrators from around the world to create these project tutorials. This month’s tutorial features 12 awesome project ideas to inspire your creativity!
If your order is over $150 (before tax and shipping), do NOT use the host code. You will earn host rewards from Stampin’ Up! AND you'll also receive the gift from me. Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have a HAPPY day today!