Hello and Happy Friday! Time for a brand new Festive Friday Challenge. For #FF0057, our festivity is National Nurse’s Day, which is coming up May 12th. Our Inspo List features 10 items you can choose from to create your project. in your project and link up to the challenge! And guess what? Your project doesn’t have to be about the National Nurse’s Day – at all! The selected festivity is just a unique way to come up with some fun and interesting ideas to inspire your creativity!
My Inspo List Picks: Red - Get Well Sentiment - Blue - Hearts - Balloons - Green
So, I have to tell you a story. This is probably one of my favorite cards that I have EVER made! It’s no secret that I love bright and cheery colors and that was the inspiration for this card. When I looked at the Inspo List, I decided to pull out a stamp set from my collection that hasn’t seen a lot of ink: Meant to Be. I have used the coordinating Stitched BE Mine Dies a whole bunch, but the stamps, not so much. That was where the idea for the balloon bouquet popped into my head.
I was also super-inspired by the current As You See It Challenge, which features a rainbow theme. Rainbow cards just make my heart happy. I love all of the happy colors! I’ve listed all of the measurements and details below and there is also a full supply list at the end of this post.
My color combo for this card:
Here is the deal y'all, right now we all need some cards to share some sunshine and make someone’s day a little bit brighter. I chose a get well sentiment from the So Sentimental stamp set for my card because I have a friend who really needs it right now. But you could just as easily change out the sentiment to send some happy mail to one of your friends fro any occasion. This is also a FABULOUS card to use up all of those cardstock scraps in your craft room. You all know that you have them, if you are like me you probably have more of them than you’d care to admit to. Haha!
Card Measurements and Details:
- Basic Black Card Base - 4-1/4” x 11”, scored at 5-1/2”
- Whisper White Cardstock - 4” x 5-1/4”
- Strips of Lovely Lipstick, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Granny Apple Green, Bermuda Bay and Gorgeous Grape Cardstock - 3-7/8” x 3/4”
- Black Foil - 2 scraps measuring 3/4” x 5-1/4”each, die cut with the scalloped border from the Stitched Be Mine Dies
- Whisper White Cardstock - 5-1/4” x 2-3/4” , embossed with the Subtle 3D Embossing Folder
- Whisper White Cardstock - scrap to stamp and die cut six heart images using the Meant to Be stamp set and Stitched Be Mine Dies
- Whisper White Cardstock - scrap to stamp and die cut the sentiment from the So Sentimental stamp set and Stitched So Sweetly Dies
- Tie a bow with the Whisper White Baker’s Twine and add to card with a glue dot
- Add two rhinestones to frame the sentiment.
- Whisper White Cardstock (inside card) - 4” x 5-1/4”
For the inside of the card, I stamped another rainbow of hearts and left the rest blank to write a handwritten note for a friend. I hope you love this card as much as I do!
Hop on over to the Festive Friday Challenge to see what the rest of the Design Team shared this week. We’d love to have you join us with your project! The challenge is open from today through Monday April 27th at 8:00 PM CST, so you have plenty of time to play along.
Anne Marie Hile (that’s me!)
Thanks for stopping by today! All of the products that I used on this card are listed below. You can click on any of the photos to go directly to my Stampin’ Up!® online store.
The current Host Code is: QS6DETGG
If you place an order over $50 (before tax and shipping) using this host code, you will also receive a gift from me: a FREE Exclusive Project Tutorial PDF, see the sneak peek below. Each month, I partner with an amazingly talented group of demonstrators from around the world to create these project tutorials. This month’s tutorial features 12 awesome project ideas to inspire your creativity!
If your order is over $150 (before tax and shipping), do NOT use the host code. You will earn host rewards from Stampin’ Up! AND you'll also receive the gift from me. Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have a HAPPY day today!