Happy Sunday! Time for a new creative challenge over at The Paper Players.
This week, LeAnne is hosting our monthly Theme Challenge.
Check it out and play along with us!
There were so many stamp sets that came to mind for this challenge but I decided to use the Bonanza Buddies stamp set because the little critters are just too cute! I know you probably haven’t seen a lot of koalas running around the zoo wearing party hats, but this little guy is accessorized and ready to share some birthday smiles with his little toucan friend.
Color Combo:One of my challenges I have set for myself is to use more of my Designer Series Paper! I tend to be conservative in using it and end up with SO much of it. Pretty paper is meant to be used not left sitting on a shelf, right? What I love about the Bonanza Buddies Designer Series Paper is how perfectly the patterns work with each other. The other thing that I love about this paper is that you can actually cut the critters out of the DSP using the Bonanza Dies. How is that for EASY? The only stamping on the card is the party hat, the presents and the sentiments. I’ve listed all of the measurements and details below along with a supply list at the end of thee post.
Card Measurements and Details:
- Calypso Coral Card Base - 4-1/4” x 11”, scored at 5-1/2”
- Bermuda Bay Cardstock - 4” x 5-1/4”
- Bonanza Birthday Designer Series Paper (balloon pattern) - 3-7/8” x 5-1/8”
- Bonanza Birthday Designer Series Paper (yellow confetti pattern) - 1-1/2” x 5-1/8”, trim off the end with the Banner Triple Punch
- Calypso Coral Cardstock - 3-3/8” x 4”
- Bonanza Birthday Designer Series Paper (blue polka dot pattern) - 3-1/2” x 3-7/8”
- Bonanza Buddies Designer Series Paper - die cut one koala and one toucan from the DSP using the Bonanza Dies
- Noble Peacock Foil Sheets - scrap to die cut one 1-3/4” scalloped circle from the Layering Circles Dies
- Whisper White Cardstock - scraps to stamp three presents (in Bermuda Bay, Daffodil Delight and Calypso Coral ink) and one birthday hat (in Bermuda Bay ink), then fussy cut. Also an additional scrap to stamp the sentiment (in Momento ink) and die cut using a 1-5/8"” circle from the Layering Circles Dies
- Whisper White Cardstock (inside card) - 4” x 5-1/4”
- Bonanza Buddies Designer Series Paper (inside card) - 1” x 5-1/4”
Finally, a look inside the card. I just love that sentiment inside the card, don’t you? There you have it, a cheerful birthday card, ready to mail.
I hope you will join us this week over at The Paper Players and share your project for our Theme Challenge. We’d love to see what you come up with! You can link up your project through Noon PST on Friday April 10th, 2020.
Thanks for stopping by today! All of the products that I used on this card are listed below. You can click on any of the photos to go directly to my Stampin’ Up!® online store.
The current Host Code is: QS6DETGG
If you place an order over $50 (before tax and shipping) using this host code, you will also receive a gift from me: a FREE Exclusive Project Tutorial PDF, see the sneak peek below. Each month, I partner with an amazingly talented group of demonstrators from around the world to create these project tutorials. This month’s tutorial features 12 awesome project ideas to inspire your creativity!
If your order is over $150 (before tax and shipping), do NOT use the host code. You will earn host rewards from Stampin’ Up! AND you'll also receive the gift from me. Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have a HAPPY day today!