Hello and Happy Friday! Time for a brand new Festive Friday Challenge. For #FF0058, our festivity is National Lucky Penny Day, which is coming up May 23rd. Our Inspo List features 10 items you can choose from to create your project. in your project and link up to the challenge! And guess what? Your project doesn’t have to be about the National Lucky Penny Day – at all! The selected festivity is just a unique way to come up with some fun and interesting ideas to inspire your creativity!
My Inspo List Picks:
Green - Gift Card Holder - Stripes - Circles
Who doesn’t love a card that does double-duty as a gift card holder? This is quick and easy to put together and can slip easily into an envelope to drop in the mail. I’ve actually shared this style of gift card holder before but decided to make it again because Mother’s Day is coming up and I know i have a few little gifts to mail out. I’ve listed all of the measurements below along with a complete supply list at the end of this post.
*I also did a Facebook Live Video for this card along with two other projects featuring the Dressed to Impress Bundle. You can check that out RIGHT HERE.
For my card, I used the Dressed to Impress stamp set and coordinating All Dressed Up Dies. I just love that “Life is short. Buy the shoes.” sentiment, don’t you? Although I think lately I could replace the word shoes with STAMPS. Shhh...
I decided to use the Best Dressed Designer Series Paper which coordinates with this bundle because I love the color combo in the striped pattern and the shoe pattern was the perfect pairing for those sassy Purple Posy heels.
Color Combo:There’s one thing to remember when adhering the circle to the front of the card. Only add adhesive to HALF of the scalloped circle to adhere it to the front of the card. I like to use liquid glue because it has a stronger hold. Also, when you are stamping on the Whisper White Cardstock inside the card, make sure your stamping will be “hidden” behind the circle when the card is closed.
Card Measurements and Details:
- Pretty Peacock Card Base - 4-1/4” x 10-3/8”
- On long side, score at 5-1/2” and 8-3/8”
- For the gift card holder, punch a little “notch” with a 1-1/2” Circle punch before adhering the fold. Add two strips of Tear & Tape on the top and bottom to adhere the flap down, while leaving the opening to fit the gift card. (see photo above)
- Mint Macaron Cardstock - 2-5/8” x 4”
- Best Dressed Designer Series Paper (striped pattern) - 2-1/2” x 3-7/8”
- Whisper White Cardstock (inside card) - 4” x 5-1/4”
- Best Dressed Designer Series Paper (shoe pattern) - 1” x 4”
- Best Dressed Designer Series Paper (inside card for gift card) - 1-3/4” x 4”
- Whisper White Cardstock - die cut 2-7/8” circle from Stitched Shapes Dies, stamp sentient in Momento Ink
- Mint Macaron Cardstock - die cut 3” scalloped circle from Layering Circles Dies
- Scrap of Whisper White cardstock to stamp two shoes, color with Purple Posy Stampin’ Blends, accent with Wink of Stella and die cut using All Dressed up Dies
Hop on over to the Festive Friday Challenge to see what the rest of the Design Team shared this week. We’d love to have you join us with your project! The challenge is open from today through Monday May 11th at 8:00 PM CST, so you have plenty of time to play along.
Anne Marie Hile (that’s me!)
Thanks for stopping by today! All of the products that I used on this card are listed below. You can click on any of the photos to go directly to my Stampin’ Up!® online store.
The current Host Code is: UUGAS7RA
If you place an order over $50 (before tax and shipping) using this host code, you will also receive a gift from me: a FREE Exclusive Project Tutorial PDF, see the sneak peek below. Each month, I partner with an amazingly talented group of demonstrators from around the world to create these project tutorials. This month’s tutorial features 11 awesome project ideas to inspire your creativity!
If your order is over $150 (before tax and shipping), do NOT use the host code. You will earn host rewards from Stampin’ Up! AND you'll also receive the gift from me. Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have a HAPPY day today!