Happy Sunday! Time for a new creative challenge over at The Paper Players.
This week, Laurie hosting our monthly
Check it out and play along with us!
It’s always fun to have a good starting point for a card layout and that’s why I love sketch challenges. Often, as soon as I see the sketch I’ll have a stamp set pop into my mind to use with it. That is exactly what happened here. I love the Dandelion Wishes stamp set so much and I knew that little trio of dandelions would fit perfectly on the card layout.
Then it was time to pick some colors to use. I always seem to use this stamp set with soft subtle colors, so i thought it would be fun to brighten it up a bit using fun patterns in the Birthday Bonanza Designer Series Paper. I’ve listed all of the card measurements below along with a supply list at the end of the post.
I’m on a kick right now with Heat Embossing. I seem to be using it on a LOT of cards lately. I just love the added shine and detail it adds to an image and I thought the white embossing really helped the dandelions pop. Of course, the Gold Gilded Gems (my new favorite embellishment) added the perfect finishing touch to the centers of the flowers.
I needed a thank you card and the sentiments in the Dandelion Wishes stamp set weren’t really working for the occasion OR the card layout, so I pulled out the Kindness and Compassion stamp set. I just love the scripty font, don’t you?
Just a quick note that the Kindness and Compassion stamp set, Grapefruit Grove cardstock/ink and Birthday Bonanza Designer Series Paper are on the Last Chance List right now and are available while supplies last through June 2nd. You can see all of the items on the Last Chance List HERE.
Card Measurements and Details:
- Daffodil Delight Card Base - 4-1/4” x 11”, scored at 5-1/2”
- Grapefruit Grove Cardstock - 4” x 5-1/4”
- Birthday Bonanza Designer Series Paper (striped pattern) - 3-7/8” x 5-1/8”
- Birthday Bonanza Designer Series Paper (confetti pattern) - 2” x 5-1/8”
- Grapefruit Grove Cardstock - 3-1/8” x 4-1/8”
- Daffodil Delight Cardstock - 3” x 4”, rub Embossing Buddy all over cardstock, stamp dandelion image in Versamark ink, cover image with White Stampin’ Emboss Powder, tap-off excess powder and heat emboss using Heat Tool
- Whisper White Cardstock - 3-3/4” x 1/2”, stamp sentiment in Grapefruit Grove ink, then snip off the ends at an angle
- Whisper White Cardstock (inside card) - 4” x 5-1/4”, stamp sentiment in Grapefruit Grove ink
- Birthday Bonanza Designer Series Paper (inside card) - 1” x 5-1/4”
Finally a peek inside the card. I simply added a little pop of that striped patterned paper along with a coordinating sentiment from the Kindness and Compassion stamp set.
I hope you will join us this week over at The Paper Players and share your project for our Sketch Challenge. We’d love to see what you come up with! You can link up your project through Noon PST on Friday May 1st, 2020.
Thanks for stopping by today! All of the products that I used on this card are listed below. You can click on any of the photos to go directly to my Stampin’ Up!® online store.
The current Host Code is: QS6DETGG
If you place an order over $50 (before tax and shipping) using this host code, you will also receive a gift from me: a FREE Exclusive Project Tutorial PDF, see the sneak peek below. Each month, I partner with an amazingly talented group of demonstrators from around the world to create these project tutorials. This month’s tutorial features 12 awesome project ideas to inspire your creativity!
If your order is over $150 (before tax and shipping), do NOT use the host code. You will earn host rewards from Stampin’ Up! AND you'll also receive the gift from me. Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have a HAPPY day today!