Welcome once again to our Third Thursdays Blog Hop! This month, our theme for the hop is Retiring -Sneak Peek Mix and Match. What does that mean? Everyone on the hop will be featuring awesome projects to inspire your creativity using one or more of the following:
- Projects featuring products that are retiring on June 2nd
- Projects featuring new “Sneak Peek” products from the upcoming Stampin’ Up!® Annual Catalog premiering June 3rd
- A mix of BOTH
I’ve listed all of the hoppers toward the end of the post, so make sure you stop by and see what everyone has to share today!I decided to use one of my favorite RETIRING stamp sets, First Frost. This stamp set is just a great set to not only use for cards for the winter season, but it also is wonderful to create floral collage scenes, which is what I did here. Paired up with the coordinating Frosted Bouquet Dies, this truly is one of my favorite stamp sets and has been inked up a LOT in my studio. The stamps and dies are retiring, so if you love them make sure to get an order in soon. They will not be available after June 2nd (or while supplies last). I’ve listed all of the measurements for this card below and there is a full supply list at the end of this post.
I also made this card on my Facebook Live video this week, along with two other projects using the First Frost stamp set. If you’d like to watch the video, you can check it out HERE.
I did pop “something new” on my card as well. Because we all love new products, right? I just love the texture the Ornate Floral 3D Embossing Folder creates on cards and I thought it was a nice compliment to the stamped floral scene. To add some “frosted” detail, I spritzed the embossed layer with a mixture of Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint and rubbing alcohol. To make this “shimmer spray", take a Stampin’ Spritzer Bottle, add 2-3 drops of Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint and fill the bottle with rubbing alcohol. Shake it up really well and voila, now you are ready to add some sparkle! One tip: make sure to use rubbing alcohol that is 70% or LESS. Higher percentages, will cause the paint to “clump” a bit.
Color Combo: Merry Merlot, Mossy Meadow, Crumb Cake, Blushing Bride, Blackberry Bliss, Soft Sea Foam
- Merry Merlot Card Base - 4-1/4” x 11”, scored at 5-1/2”
- Mossy Meadow Cardstock - 4” x 5-1/4”
- Crumb Cake Cardstock - 3-7/8” x 5-1/8”, emboss with Ornate Floral 3D Embossing Folder and then spritz with a combination of Champagne Mist Shimmer Spray and rubbing Alcohol to add sparkly detail
- Merry Merlot Cardstock - 3-1/8” x 4-7/8”
- Whisper White Cardstock - 3” x 4-3/4”
- Scrap of Whisper White Cardstock - stamp 1 larger flower in Merry Merlot ink, one smaller flower in Merry Merlot ink and one more smaller flower in Blushing Bride ink then die cut using the Frosted Bouquet Dies
- Tie Whisper White Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon around the Crumb Cake layer
- Add three rhinestones to card front
- Whisper White Cardstock (inside card) - 4” x 5-1/4”
Finally a peek inside the card. I stamped a coordinating sentiment and a little collage of foliage for a pop of color.
Thank you for visiting today! Your next stop on the Blog Hop is to visit Andrea Tracy-Tucker, who has a beautiful project to share with you. Click on the button below to head on over to her blog.
May 2020 Third Thursdays Blog Hop:
Anne Marie Hile (you are here)
Thanks for stopping by today! All of the products that I used on this card are listed below. You can click on any of the photos to go directly to my Stampin’ Up!® online store.
The current Host Code is: UUGAS7RA
If you place an order over $50 (before tax and shipping) using this host code, you will also receive a gift from me: a FREE Exclusive Project Tutorial PDF, see the sneak peek below. Each month, I partner with an amazingly talented group of demonstrators from around the world to create these project tutorials. This month’s tutorial features 11 awesome project ideas to inspire your creativity!
If your order is over $150 (before tax and shipping), do NOT use the host code. You will earn host rewards from Stampin’ Up! AND you'll also receive the gift from me. Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have a HAPPY day today!Product List