Happy Sunday! Time for a new creative challenge over at The Paper Players.
This week, LeAnne is hosting our monthly Sketch Challenge.
Check it out and play along with us!Sketch Challenge week is my FAVORITE and LeAnne’s sketch is fabulous! You can make it as simple or as layered as you like. I’ve been having fun inking up some stamp sets that will be retiring at the end of the month, so I decided to use the Varied Vases stamp set for my card for this challenge. This is a fun stamp set and also has a coordinating punch. It will be retiring on June 2nd, so if you like it, bet it while you can! For the color combo on my card, I was inspired by a swap card I received quite a while ago from a fellow demonstrator, Michelle Theriault. I just love Poppy Parade and Coastal Cabana together!
This stamp set is a Photopolymer set, which makes it easy to place and line up the images because you can see through them. Once I had my trio of vases stamped, I colored them in with Stampin’ Blends Markers. I’ve listed more detail and all of the measurements below. There is also supply list at the end of the post.
When I originally made my card, I actually used a retired Poppy Parade Ribbon. Oops. You can still see a little pop of it behind the black ribbon. Haha! I was going back and forth between that ribbon and the Black Glittered Organdy Ribbon initially. So, I decided on the black ribbon in the end because I liked the added pop of sparkle, of course!
Card Measurements and Details:
- Basic Black Card Base - 4-1/4” x 11”, scored at 5-1/2”
- Whisper White Cardstock - 4” x 5-1/4”
- Poppy Parade Cardstock - 3-7/8” x 2-5/8”, embossed with Scripty 3D Embossing Folder (overlap this piece on the Coastal Cabana Cardstock a little when adhering to the Whisper White Layer, the ribbon will help cover the “seam”)
- Coastal Cabana Cardstock - 3-7/8” x 2-5/8”, embossed with the Scripty 3D Embossing Folder
- Basic Black Cardstock - 3” x 4-1/8”
- Whisper White Cardstock - 2-3/4” x 3-7/8”, stamp images in Momento ink, color with Stampin’ Blends and add Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush to the “water” in the vases for added sparkle
- Basic Black Cardstock - 1/2” x 2-1/4”, stamp sentiment in Versamark Ink, heat emboss using White Stampin’ Emboss Powder and a Heat Tool
- Black Glittered organdy Ribbon and Basic Rhinestones
- Whisper White Cardstock (inside card) - 4” x 5-1/4”
Finally, a peek inside the card. I stamped a coordinating sentiment from the set and popped in another vase to keep the party going from the front of the card.
I hope you will join us this week over at The Paper Players and share your project for our Sketch Challenge. We’d love to see what you come up with! You can link up your project through Noon PST on Friday May 29th, 2020.
Thanks for stopping by today! All of the products that I used on this card are listed below. You can click on any of the photos to go directly to my Stampin’ Up!® online store.
The current Host Code is: UUGAS7RA
If you place an order over $50 (before tax and shipping) using this host code, you will also receive a gift from me: a FREE Exclusive Project Tutorial PDF, see the sneak peek below. Each month, I partner with an amazingly talented group of demonstrators from around the world to create these project tutorials. This month’s tutorial features 11 awesome project ideas to inspire your creativity!
If your order is over $150 (before tax and shipping), do NOT use the host code. You will earn host rewards from Stampin’ Up! AND you'll also receive the gift from me. Thanks so much for stopping by!