Hello and thanks for stopping by! Today, I am super-excited to be sharing my card using the new Hand-Drawn Blooms stamp set for Kylie Bertucci’s Monthly International Stampin’ Up!® Blog Highlights.
This is such a fun monthly event and you are able to vote for me and my card! The top ten winners will take part in an international blog hop later this month. You can vote by clicking here: http://bit.ly/
The theme for this event is Thank You. Two simple words that truly mean SO much! It is a good reminder to send out more cards in appreciation those that help, encourage, motivate and support us in our lives. What better way to say thank you than yo pair up the sentiment with a big, beautiful bouquet of wildflowers!
It’s no secret that I’ve been absolutely smitten with the new Hand-Drawn Blooms stamp set ever since I had the amazing opportunity to present it at the OnTour Online even from Stampin’ Up!® back in May. The stamp set is part of the Artistry Blooms Suite of products which is such a bright and cheery collection. However, I wanted to use the stamp set with a softer color palette for this card. I’ve listed all of the measurements/details for this card below, along with a list of supplies at the end of the post.I was a little intimidated by this image when I first saw the stamp set when it arrived from Stampin’ Up!® I thought “Wow, that’s a lot of coloring!” Guess what? It really wasn’t. This is a fabulous stamp set to use with your Stampin’ Blends and what I really love about it, is that you don’t have to be overly precise with your coloring.
First, I colored in all of the floral images and the leafy accents. But the image wasn’t really coming to life. Next, I traced over all of the stems and added more pops of color on the ends of some of the tiny accent flowers. Then, this beautiful bouquet really bloomed! The best part, coloring a little outside the lines just adds to the charm of this particular image.
Card Measurements and Details:
- Petal Pink Card Base - 4-1/4” x 11”, scored at 5-1/2”
- Basic Black Cardstock -4” x 5-1/4”
- Sahara Sand Cardstock - 3-7/8” x 5-1/8”, emboss with Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder and sponge edges with Sahara Sand ink
- Whisper White Cardstock - 3-5/16” x 4-1/2”, stamp floral images in Momento Ink and color using Stampin Blends
- Basic Black Cardstock - scrap to stamp sentient in Versamark ink and heat emboss using White Stampin’ Emboss Powder and a Heat Tool, trim around sentiment and pop-up on card using Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Whisper White Cardstock (inside card) - 4” x 5-1/4”, stamp floral image in Momento Ink and color using Stampin’ Blends
- Sahara Sand Cardstock (inside card) - 1/2” x 5-1/4”, emboss with Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder and sponge edges with Sahara Sand ink
- Add Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush to flowers and leaves for added detail
- Linen Thread double-bow and three rhinestones
Finally a look inside the card. I added a little strip of sponged and textured cardstock along with a simple stamped image to keep the continuity from the front of the card. I left the rest of the inside blank for a handwritten thank you note.
Thanks so much for visiting today and I’d love it if you would vote for my card! It’s super easy and just takes one little click. You can vote by clicking the image below or through this link: http://bit.ly/
Love this project? Here is your shopping list so you can re-create this card on your own. You can click on any of the photos below to go directly to my Stampin’ Up!® online store.
The current Host Code is: 3A7TY9ER
If you place an order over $50 (before tax and shipping) using this host code, you will also receive a gift from me: a FREE Exclusive Project Tutorial PDF, see the sneak peek below. Each month, I partner with an amazingly talented group of demonstrators from around the world to create these project tutorials. This month’s tutorial features 11 awesome project ideas to inspire your creativity!
If your order is over $150 (before tax and shipping), do NOT use the host code. You will earn host rewards from Stampin’ Up! AND you'll also receive the gift from me. Thanks so much for stopping by!