Happy Sunday! Time for a new creative challenge over at The Paper Players.
This week, I am super-excited to be hosting our monthly Theme Challenge.
Check it out and play along with us!There are a lot of different ways to interpret this theme. Think sunny days, umbrellas, rain boots, water elements/accents and of course, rainbows. It’s no secret that I LOVE bright and happy colors, so I decided to showcase a RAINBOW of colors on my project this week.
The new Hand Drawn Blooms Bundle has to be one of my favorites in the new Stampin’ Up!® Annual Catalog. The Hand Drawn Blooms stamp set is awesome and many of the all-occasion sentiments fit perfectly on the big, bold image on the Banner Blooms Dies. I’ve listed all of the measurements for my card below along with a supply list at the end of this blog post.
I’ve had a little extra time to get acquainted with this bundle. I was asked to do a presentaion at the Stampin’ Up! OnTour Online event in mid-May. I was incredibly fortunate to receive this suite of products at the end of April, before they were available in the new catalog. It was such an absolute honor to be considered for this opportunity. I had a great time! SUCH an amazing experience to do a Live presentation for a group of over 13,000 demonstrators, although a little scary, too. *Gulp!*
I also added some extra sparkle to the card by spritzing both the floral die and the embossed Basic Black layer with a mixture of Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint and rubbing alcohol in a Stampin’ Spritzer. (put 2-3 drops of paint in the bottle and fill with rubbing alcohol, shake well before using) It’s tough to see in the photo but the sparkles really pop on the dark background.For that big floral die cut, I adhered 3/4” x 4" strips of cardstock to a 4” x 5-1/4” piece of Whisper White Cardstock, then die cut the big, bold floral image from the Banner Blooms Dies. This is a great way to use up some cardstock scraps. My Bermuda Bay scrap was a bit short, but it still worked. Notice, the strips are a little bit of an angle, that was intentional. In retrospect, I kind of wish I angled them just a wee bit more, but what’s cut is cut. Lol!
Card Measurements and Details:
- Melon Mambo Card Base - 4-1/4” x 11”, scored at 5-1/2”
- Whisper White Cardstock - 4” x 5-1/4”
- Basic Black Cardstock - 3-7/8” x 5-1/8”, embossed with Brick and Mortar 3D Embossing Folder then spritzed with a mixture of Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint and rubbing alcohol in a Stampin’ Spritzer (Tip: use 50-70% rubbing alcohol for best results)
- Whisper White Cardstock - 4” x 5-1/4”, adhere strips of Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Granny Apple Green, Bermuda Bay and Gorgeous Grape Cardstock using liquid glue and die cut floral image from Banner Blooms Dies
- Whisper White Cardstock - scrap to die cut the banner section from the Banner Bloom Dies, stamp sentiment in Melon Mambo Ink and fussy cut banner, adhere to big bloom die using Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Silver Glimmer Paper (retired) - scrap to die cut three leafy images from Banner Blooms Dies
- Whisper White Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon and Artistry Blooms Sequins
- Whisper White Cardstock (inside card) - 4” x 5-1/4” and scraps of Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Granny Apple Green, Bermuda Bay and Gorgeous Grape Cardstock
I hope you will join us this week over at The Paper Players and share your project for our Sunshine and Rainbows Theme Challenge. We’d love to see what you come up with! You can link up your project through Noon PST on Friday June 12th, 2020.
Thanks for stopping by today! All of the products that I used on this card are listed below. You can click on any of the photos to go directly to my Stampin’ Up!® online store.
The current Host Code is: 3A7TY9ER
If you place an order over $50 (before tax and shipping) using this host code, you will also receive a gift from me: a FREE Exclusive Project Tutorial PDF, see the sneak peek below. Each month, I partner with an amazingly talented group of demonstrators from around the world to create these project tutorials. This month’s tutorial features 11 awesome project ideas to inspire your creativity!
If your order is over $150 (before tax and shipping), do NOT use the host code. You will earn host rewards from Stampin’ Up! AND you'll also receive the gift from me. Thanks so much for stopping by!
Anne MarieProduct List