Happy Sunday! Time for a new creative challenge over at The Paper Players.
This week, Laurie is hosting our monthly Color Challenge.
Check it out and play along with us!
Since Tranquil Tide is retired, I decided to sub in the new In Color Just Jade in its place.
When I first saw these colors, my brain wanted to go to creating a Christmas card…but it is like 100 degrees here in Texas and I just couldn’t bring myself to do it. Instead, I decided to thumb through my Designer Series Paper and new stamp sets to see what I could come up with.
This card ended up being a hodgepodge of a couple different products: the Pampered Pets Bundle, the Pattern Play Bundle and the Dog Builder Punch. I’m a sucker for a big, bold sentiment and I’m really loving those Playful Alphabet Dies. The polka dot paper kind of reminded me of tennis balls, which my dogs love to play with. But the real star of the card is that adorable pup! Best part, he was die cut right from the Playful Pets Designer Series Paper. Easy, right? I’ve listed all of the measurements and details below along with supply list at the end of the post.
As an animal lover, the Pampered Pets Bundle was at the top of my list.That scruffy Schnauzer reminds me so much of my sweet baby boy Emmitt. This little guy showed up abandoned in our neighborhood many years ago and thankfully I was able to convince him to trust me. I’m so happy that this little dude found us. He was THE best boy! Sadly, we had to say goodbye to him 2-1/2 years ago due to his cancer and not a day goes by that I don’t think about him.
The layout for my card was inspired by the current Freshly Made Sketches Challenge. I always love a good sketch challenge and this is one of my favorites. I sometimes struggle with “tilted” elements on my card, but for some reason this sketch really spoke to me. I think I may have finally tackled my fear of the “tilt”. Hooray!
Card Measurements and Details:
- Real Red Card Base - 4-1/4” x 11”, scored at 5-1/2”
- Basic Gray Cardstock - 4” x 5-1/4”
- Playful Pets Designer Series Paper (stripe print) - 3-7/8” x 5-1/8”
- Basic Gray Cardstock - 2-5/8” x 2-5/8”
- 2020-2022 In Color Designer Series Paper (Just Jade) - 2-1/2” x 2-1/2"
- Whisper White Cardstock - die cut a 2-1/8” square from the Stitched Shapes Dies
- Real Red Cardstock - scrap to stamp striped image from Pattern Play stamp set in Real Red Ink, then die cut letters from Playful Alphabet Dies
- Playful Pets Designer Series Paper - die cut the dog using the Pets Dies
- Real Red Cardstock - scrap to punch three hearts using the Dog Builder Punch
- Whisper White Cardstock (inside card) - 4” x 5-1/4”, stamp dog bowl image from Playful Pets Stamp Set in Momento Ink and color with Smoky Slate Stampin’ Blends
- Playful Pets Designer Series Paper (striped pattern, inside card) - 3/4” x 5-1/4”
I hope you will join us this week over at The Paper Players and share your project for our Color Challenge. We’d love to see what you come up with! You can link up your project through Noon PST on Friday June 19th, 2020.
Thanks for stopping by today! All of the products that I used on this card are listed below. You can click on any of the photos to go directly to my Stampin’ Up!® online store.
The current Host Code is: 3A7TY9ER
If you place an order over $50 (before tax and shipping) using this host code, you will also receive a gift from me: a FREE Exclusive Project Tutorial PDF, see the sneak peek below. Each month, I partner with an amazingly talented group of demonstrators from around the world to create these project tutorials. This month’s tutorial features 11 awesome project ideas to inspire your creativity!
If your order is over $150 (before tax and shipping), do NOT use the host code. You will earn host rewards from Stampin’ Up! AND you'll also receive the gift from me. Thanks so much for stopping by!