For my creation this week, I am sharing some inspiration from one of my favorite stampers: Nance Leedy. She's awesome! I have been wanting to make these fun flowers from the Floral Fusion die since I saw a card she made HERE. For this one, I tried to channel my "inner-Nance" and created my version, with a "shabby-licious" spin!
Here are some details from my card:
- Paper Piecing is so fabby! I stamped and cut out these little dress forms from the Springtime Vintage DSP. Yes, I used the paper snips again...I do NOT like cutting, but it was necessary for this endeavor. Then, I popped them up with some Stampin' Dimensionals and added a little "belt o' pearls" to fancy them up a bit.
- I also embossed the DSP with the Square Lattice Embossing Folder for some more texture. You just can't ever have TOO much texture, can you? Embossing your DSP is a fun way to pack a subtle punch on any project!
- I misted the layered, die-cut flowers with some Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz for some sparkle and shine. I also folded-in the petals while they were damp to add more dimension. A quick blast of the Heat Tool set them in their place. Then, I topped them off with some Basic Pearls.
- Who loves Seam Binding? I do, I DO!! *jumping up and down, while frantically making "jazz-hands"* Hmmm, seam binding isn't usually that wide...IS IT? Nope. But when you layer two pieces side-by-side and add a piece of Chantilly 1/2" Crochet Trim over the "seam", no one will ever know the difference! Ha...sneaky, sneaky! I also added a piece of lace to the center of the bow to switch things up a bit. I wanted to repeat the Itty Bitty punch from the center of the flowers but decided to add a Bitty Button over the Bitty punch for a little somethin' extra. (That's a LOT of "bitty's" in one sentence...eeek!)
- Finally, I wrapped up this shabby-chic creation with a decorated inside. I think this could be a fun card for a birthday or simply to just say hello to a dear friend. What is better then that? That's why there isn't a sentiment inside. You can always add it on when the time is right...or just write a perfect handwritten message. That's always cool, too!
But before I go, I have had a few emails about my Benjamin Maxwell. To give further proof that he is a "hot-mess", here is a photo from yesterday. He really DOES get comfortable anywhere he can. Look at the open mouth...ugh!! I call this one "Benny & the Mac". *suddenly, I have that Elton John song, "Benny & the Jets" stuck in my head...Lol!* Until next time...
SU! Supply List:
Stamps: Sew Sweet and You're a Gem (both from Occasions Mini catalog)
Ink: Early Espresso Classic ink
Papers: Springtime Vintage DSP (Occasions Mini), Rose Red, Pear Pizzazz, Crumb Cake and Very Vanilla card stock
DIe Cuts: Floral Fusion Sizzlet Die and oval/scalloped oval dies (non-SU!)
Accessories: Square Lattice Embossing folder, Rose Red Seam Binding, I/2" Crochet Trim in Chantilly, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack, Basic Pearls, Bitty Button, Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz, Scallop Edge Border punch (inside) and Stampin' Dimensionals