Welcome once again to our Third Thursdays Blog Hop! This month, our theme for the hop is Sweet Treats. Everyone on the hop will be featuring awesome projects to inspire your creativity. I’ve listed all of the hoppers toward the end of the post, so make sure you stop by and see what they have to share today!
Valentine’s Day is less than a month away, so this hop was great motivation to make some cards and treats. I don’t know about you, but I don’t really give “gifts” for Valentine’s Day. I do. however, always need little treats to share with friends, neighbors and co-workers. Today, I’m sharing a card and Tic-Tac holder featuring the Heartfelt Bundle from the Stampin’ Up!® Mini Catalog.
One of my favorite things about this bundle is that includes two punches! Don’t get me wrong, I love my die cuts, but punches are just super-easy to use. The Heart Punch Pack features two different hearts and the smaller heart layers perfectly over the scalloped heart. Want to know the BEST part? The punches perfectly punch-out the some of the heart patterns in the From My Heart Specialty Designer Series Paper, which is also part of this suite. This paper has beautiful pearlized detail on many of the patterns which adds great detail without a ton of work.Color Combo:
Card Measurements and Details:
- Real Red Cardstock - 5-1/2” x 8-1/2”, scored at 4-1/4”
- Whisper White Cardstock - 5-1/4” x 4”
- Flirty Flamingo Cardstock (embossed with Scripty 3D Embossing Folder) - 5-1/8” x 3-7/8”
- From My Heart Specialty DSP - 1-3/4” x 3-7/8”
- Real Red Cardstock - 3-1/2” x 2-7/8”
- Whisper White Cardstock - 3-1/4” x 2-5/8”, stamp sentiment it Real Red Ink on left side
- Scrap of Flirty Flamingo Cardstock - punch scalloped heart from Heart Punch Pack
- From My Heart Specialty DSP - punch foiled heart from patterned paper using heart punch
- Add ribbon and From My Heart Faceted Gems
Since not everyone appreciates chocolate, these little Tic Tac’s are a fun Valentine’s Day treat. I found these at Target and I love that they come in the red, pink and white mix. This little holder is super-easy to make, which is great if you are making a lot of them. It opens like a little book and you simply tie it closed with a ribbon. I used two Stampin’ Dimensionals on the back of the Tic Tac’s to hold them in place on the cardstock.
Tic Tac Holder Directions and Details:
- Real Red Cardstock - 4-3/4” x 3”
- On long side, score at 2” and 2-3/4”
- Using Detailed Trio Punch, round both corners on front and back
- From My Heart Specialty DSP - 1-3/4” x 2-3/4” (2 pieces, round 2 corners)
- Run ribbon around front and back and adhere the DSP over the ribbon
- Whisper White Cardstock (inside) - 1-3/4” x 2-3/4” (round 2 corners)
- Scrap of Whisper White for stamped heart
- From My Heart Specialty DSP - punch the scalloped heart out from the pattern on the DSP
- Add From My Heart Faceted Gems
Finally a peek inside the card. I kept it pretty simple with a 1” x 4” strip of the DSP layered over a 5-1/4” x 4” piece of Whisper White Cardstock. I added a simple stamped image and left space for a handwritten note.
Thank you for visiting today! Your next stop on the Blog Hop is to visit Tatiana Tobin in Australia. Click on the button below to head on over to her blog.
January 2020 Third Thursdays Blog Hop:
Anne Marie Hile (you are here)
All of the products I used on this card are listed below. You can click on any of the photos to go directly to my Stampin’ Up!® online store.
This month’s Host Code is: G7F4CWTM. If you place an order over $50 (before tax and shipping) using this host code, you will also receive a gift from me: a free exclusive PDF project tutorial bundle. (see the sneak peek below) It’s also Sale-A-Bration, y’all! So for every $50 you spend, you also get free product from Stampin’ Up!®
If your order is over $150 (before tax and shipping), do NOT use the host code. You will earn host rewards from Stampin’ Up! AND you'll also receive the gift from me. Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have a HAPPY day today!