Welcome to the Stampin' Friends Blog Hop! We share on the third Thursday of every month with fun projects from all around the world! If you are following the hop, you arrived here from Jean’s blog. Welcome! This month our theme is Birthday Bash. I just love this theme as January is usually the month that I try to focus on creating a little “stash” of birthday cards to have handy throughout the year.As soon as I saw the theme for the Hop, I couldn’t get it out of my head that I wanted to use the Birthday Bonanza Bundle. I mean, even the name sounds FUN, doesn’t it? This stamp set features a trio of critters including a toucan, lion and my favorite…this sweet little koala bear.
I created a fun card with the bundle along with a coordinating treat box. (Measurements and supply list below) The box is super simple and I measured it to fit a single Ghirardelli chocolate square. I know…the entire bag of chocolate squares would be SO much better, right? But it’s a new year and the single chocolate square is a more “calorie-appropriate” choice for all of those healthy resolutions out there. Haha!
The Bonanza Dies have a fun little mix of elements to coordinate with the stamp set. They cut out the little critters, the balloons, party hats, banners and also include a stitched tag. I always need little tags to dress up gifts, so I have a feeling I’ll be using this die a lot!
Card Measurements and Details:
- Bermuda Bay Card Base - 4-1/4” x 11”, scored at 5-1/2”
- Daffodil Delight Cardstock - 4” x 5-1/4”
- Whisper White Cardstock (embossed with Subtle 3D Embossing Folder) - 3-7/8” x 5-1/8”
- Noble Peacock Foil Sheets (die-cut scallop border on one side from Stitched Be mine Dies)- 3/4” x 5-1/8”
- Birthday Bonanza Designer Series Paper - 1-3/4” x 5-1/8”
- Scraps of Bermuda Bay, Daffodil Delight, Grapefruit Grove and Whisper White for stamping and die cutting
- Whisper White Cardstock (layered on die-cut tag) -
- Birthday Bonanza Designer Series Paper (inside card) - 1” x 5-1/4”
- Whisper White Cardstock (inside card) - 4” x 5-1/4”
- Metallic Baker’s Twine and sequins can be earned for FREE right now during Sale-A-Bration! Click HERE for more info.
Ghirardelli Box Measurements and Details:
- Bermuda Bay Cardstock - 5-1/4” x 3-1/2”
- On 3-1/2” side, score at 1/2” (this is the bottom of the box)
- On 5-1/4” side, score at 1/4”, 3/4”, 2-3/4” and 3-1/4”
- Trim as shown in photo below and add adhesive to the 1/4” tab and also to close the bottom of the box
- Birthday Bonanza Designer Series Paper - 1-3/4” x 2-3/4”
- Scrap of Noble Peacock Foil Sheets and Whisper White Cardstock for stamping and die cutting
- Die cut foil using 1-3/4” scalloped circle from Layering Circles Dies
- Stamp sentiment on Whisper White Cardstock scrap in Tuxedo Black Ink and die cut using 1-5/8” circle from Layering Circles Dies
This is how the box looks scored and trimmed. You would add adhesive to the little 1/4” tab on the side and on the bottom to hold it together. Either Tear & Tape or liquid glue are a good choice for adhesives for 3D projects.
Here is a peek inside the card. I just love that sentiment, don’t you? I also added some of that fun DSP to keep that birthday celebration going for the recipient.
Thanks for hopping along with the Stampin’ Friends Blog Hop! From here, you will head on over to my sweet friend Barbara Welch’s blog. Have fun visiting everyone on the hop! We all hope you enjoy the creative inspiration. Please leave a comment to say hello today so I know you stopped by. Happy Hopping!
January 2020 Stampin’ Friends Blog Hop:
All of the products I used on this card are listed below. You can click on any of the photos to go directly to my Stampin’ Up!® online store.
This month’s Host Code is: G7F4CWTM. If you place an order over $50 (before tax and shipping) using this host code, you will also receive a gift from me: a free exclusive PDF project tutorial bundle. (see the sneak peek below) It’s also Sale-A-Bration, y’all! So for every $50 you spend, you also get free product from Stampin’ Up!®
If your order is over $150 (before tax and shipping), do NOT use the host code. You will earn host rewards from Stampin’ Up! AND you'll also receive the gift from me. Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have a HAPPY day today!