Hello and Happy Friday! Time for a brand new Festive Friday Challenge. For #FF0053, our festivity is Girl Scout Week, which is coming up March 8th-14th. Our Inspo List features 10 items you can choose from to create your project. in your project and link up to the challenge! And guess what? Your project doesn’t have to be about Girl Scout Week – at all! The selected festivity is just a unique way to come up with some fun and interesting ideas to inspire your creativity!
My Inspo List Picks: Blue - Green - Silver - Birthday Sentiment - Cake/Candles
I decided to create a masculine-themed birthday card for this challenge using the Inspo List as a guide. As I went through the items on the list, I narrowed my creative supplies to the Country Club Designer Series Paper, the Piece of Cake stamp set with coordinating Cake Builder Punch and sentiments from the Sending You Thoughts stamp set (which you can earn for FREE with your qualifying order now during Stampin’ Up!® Sale-A-Bration).
The layout for my card was inspired by the new Mojo Monday sketch from Julie over at Poetic Artistry. I absolutely LOVE these sketches because they make my layer-loving heart happy. I do have to admit that I sometimes struggle with tilted elements on my cards, but this layout just works!
At first, I wasn’t so sure about the green cake. I colored the image using Stampin’ Blends and tried to create a color close to Garden Green with a mix of Light Old Olive and Light Mossy Meadow. It’s not “exact” but I think it works.
It’s tough to see in the photos but I also added a little Wink of Stella to the cake base, blue stripes and the candles. I decided to let my husband weigh in on the finished card. I can always tell by his initial reaction if a card gets a “thumbs up” or a “not-so-much”. As far as the green cake, his response was “I’d eat it”. He also liked the mix of colors, the plaid paper and thought the Denim Ribbon was actually an old pair of jeans. Overall, the fact that he was pretty interested in the card says it’s ok in my book. I hope you think so, too.
Card Measurements and Details:
- Night of Navy Card Base - 4-1/4” x 11”, scored at 5-1/2”
- Whisper White Cardstock - 4” x 5-1/4”
- Garden Green Cardstock - 3-7/8” x 5-1/8”, embossed with Subtle 3D Embossing Folder
- Night of Navy Cardstock - 2-1/4” x 3-1/2”
- Country Club Designer Series Paper - 2” x 3-1/4”
- Night of Navy Cardstock - 1-3/4” x 3-1/4”
- Whisper White Cardstock - 1-1/2” x 3”
- Whisper White Cardstock - stamp sentiment from Sending You Thoughts stamp set in Momento Ink and die cut using the 1-5/8” circle from the Layering Circles Dies
- Silver Foil - die cut using the 1-3/4” scalloped circle from the Layering Circles Dies
- Denim Ribbon - trim a banner edge on right side
- Whisper White Cardstock - scrap for stamping the cake and cake stand in Momento Ink, color using Stampin’ Blends Markers (colors listed below) and punch using Cake Builder Punch
- Whisper White Cardstock (inside card) - 4” x 5-1/4”
- Country Club Designer Series Paper (inside card) - 1-1/4” x 5-1/4”
Finally, here is a look inside the card. I added a little strip of the DSP along with a sentiment from the Sending You Thoughts Stamp Set. I also added a little heart from the Piece of Cake stamp set because it’s always fun to share a little love, right?
Hop on over to the Festive Friday Challenge to see what the rest of the Design Team shared this week. We’d love to have you join us with your project! The challenge is open from today through Monday March 2nd 8:00 PM CST, so you have plenty of time to play along.
Festive Friday Design Team:
Anne Marie Hile (that’s me!)
Thanks for stopping by today! All of the products that I used on this card are listed below. You can click on any of the photos to go directly to my Stampin’ Up!® online store.
This month’s Host Code is: VXZ333GZ.
If you place an order over $50 (before tax and shipping) using this host code, you will also receive a gift from me: a FREE Exclusive Project Tutorial PDF, see the sneak peek below. Each month, I partner with an amazingly talented group of demonstrators from around the world to create these project tutorials. This month’s tutorial features 12 awesome project ideas to inspire your creativity!
PS: It’s also Sale-A-Bration, y’all! So for every $50 you spend, you will also get free product from Stampin’ Up!®
If your order is over $150 (before tax and shipping), do NOT use the host code. You will earn host rewards from Stampin’ Up! AND you'll also receive the gift from me. Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have a HAPPY day today!
*Note - The following product can be earned for FREE with a qualifying order during Sale-A-Bration (January 3, 2020 through March 31, 2020) :
- #152297 Sending You Thoughts Cling Stamp Set (free with a $50 minimum order)