Happy Sunday! Time for a new creative challenge over at The Paper Players.
This week, Jaydee is our fabulous hostess for our monthly
Clean-and-Simple (CAS) Theme Challenge.
Check it out and play along with us!
What’s that you say? It’s Clean and Simple (CAS) Week? Y’all, I am so ashamed to admit that once I got to creating this card, I STARTED out with a CAS design, I really did. I am going blame it on the podcast I was intently listening to, because as I was putting the card together I kept saying to myself “It just needs something else”. Then, it became more about the scene with the “critters” and less about the CAS…because that is how my brain works.
So, let’s call it "CAS-ish”. Maybe? The gals on the Design Team are probably laughing at me, because we all know CAS week is generally not my strong suit. *shakes head*
As soon as I saw the theme, I knew my favorite little critter stamp set was going to see some ink. I love the Special Someone Stamp Set, now even MORE since it has coordinating dies. The Special Day Dies are available for a limited time this month along with the Pleased as Punch Designer Series Paper that I used on this card. You can’t go wrong with rainbow stripes! Plus this paper coordinates with 5 different punches, which really gives you a lot of "bang for your buck”. There is a complete supply list at the end of this post.
I didn’t want the little critters “floating” on the circle, so I created a background for them. I love that the Special Day Dies has a strip of grass. It gives these cuties a perfect place rest their little feet and stay a little more grounded on the card. You can see in the photos above, how it came together.
- Die cut 2 strips of grass suing the Special Day Dies, adhere them together using SNAIL or glue
- Using the 2-5/8” circle from the Layering Circles Dies, cut the grass so that the sides and bottom are rounded.
- Die cut a 2-5/8” circle from Pool Party Cardstock and emboss with Subtle 3D Embossing folder for texture.
- Adhere layered grass to bottom of the die cut circle using SNAIL or glue.
- Stamp the squirrel, mouse, balloon outline and balloon string on a piece of Whisper White Cardstock.
- Stamp the “inside” of the squirrel using Crumb Cake Ink and then color his face and chest using a Light Crumb Cake Stampin’ Blends Marker.
- Thank the “inside” of the mouse in Smoky Slate Ink, stamped off once and then color in his chest using a Light Smoke Slate Stampin’ Blends Marker. Accent his cheek, nose and tail using a Light Flirty Flamingo Stampin’ Blends Marker.
- Stamp the inside of the balloon using Blushing Bride Ink and accent with Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush
- Color the “ground”under the critters using a Light Granny Apple Green Stampin’ Blends Marker.
- Die cut images using Special Day Dies and pop up on circle using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Granny Apple Green Card Base - 5-1/2” x 8-1/2”, scored at 4-1/4”
- Whisper White Cardstock - 5-1/4” x 4”
- Brushing Bride Cardstock - 5-1/8” x 3-7/8”, embossed with Pinewood Planks 3D Embossing Folder
- Pleased as Punch Designer Series Paper - 5-1/*” x 1-1/2”
- Whisper White Cardstock - 1-3/4” x 1/2”, stamp sentiment using Momento ink and trim each end at an angle
- Whisper White Cardstock - die cut largest circle from Stitched Shapes Dies
- Pool Party Cardstock - die cut 2-5/8” circle from Layering Circles Dies, emboss using Subtle 3D Embossing Folder
- Granny Apple Green Cardstock - scraps to die cut two strips of grass from the Special Day Dies (refer to photo above)
- Whisper White Cardstock - scrap to stamp and die cut squirrel, mouse, balloon and balloon string images
- Whisper White Cardstock (inside card) - 5-1/4” x 4”, stamp sentiment and balloon image in Momento ink and then stamp the inside of the balloon image in Blushing Bride Ink
- Pleased as Punch Designer Series Paper (inside card) - 1-1/4” x 4”
Finally, here is a peek inside the card. That sweet “punny” sentiment just makes me smile.
I hope you will join us this week over at The Paper Players and share your project for our CAS Theme Challenge. We’d love to see what you come up with! You can link up your project through Noon PST on Friday February 21st, 2020.
Thanks for stopping by today! All of the products that I used on this card are listed below. You can click on any of the photos to go directly to my Stampin’ Up!® online store.
This month’s Host Code is: VXZ333GZ.
If you place an order over $50 (before tax and shipping) using this host code, you will also receive a gift from me: a FREE Exclusive Project Tutorial PDF, see the sneak peek below. Each month, I partner with an amazingly talented group of demonstrators from around the world to create these project tutorials. This month’s tutorial features 12 awesome project ideas to inspire your creativity!
PS: It’s also Sale-A-Bration, y’all! So for every $50 you spend, you will also get free product from Stampin’ Up!®
If your order is over $150 (before tax and shipping), do NOT use the host code. You will earn host rewards from Stampin’ Up! AND you'll also receive the gift from me. Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have a HAPPY day today!