Happy Sunday! Time for a new creative challenge over at The Paper Players.
This week, Claire is hosting our monthly Sketch Challenge.
Check it out and play along with us!
I *might* have mentioned it before but sketch challenges just make me HAPPY! I’m always so inspired by simply looking at the layout and figuring out which products come to mind to bring the card layout to life. The first thing that came to mind for this card (with all of those fabulous layers) was to showcase some of the new In Colors along with the Celebrate Sunflowers Bundle, which is one of my new favorites.
Color Combo:The star of the card is obviously that big, bold sunflower! I just love all of the detail in the Sunflower Dies and there are also fun little accent dies in the set too. I popped in a couple of leafy accents die cut in Vellum, for some added detail. The Vellum just adds a light layer that adds detail but not a lot of extra bulk to the layout. I’ve listed all of the measurements and details below and there is a full supply list for this card at the end of this post.
Card Measurements and Details:
- Just Jade Card Base - 4-1/4” x 11”, scored at 5-1/2”
- Bumblebee Cardstock - 4” x 5-1/4”
- Flowers for Every Season Designer Series Paper (Cinnamon Cider pattern) - 3-7/8” x 5-1/8”
- Flowers for Every Season Designer Series Paper (sunflower pattern) - 3-1/4” x 4-1/4”
- Just Jade Cardstock - 1” x 5-1/8”, embossed with Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder
- Bumblebee Cardstock - scrap to die cut solid sunflower inage from Sunflowers Dies, use Sponge Dauber to add some Bumblebee ink to image
- Cinnamon Cider Cardstock - scrap to die cut sunflower outline and center of flower from Sunflowers Dies, use Sponge Dauber to add some Cinnamon Cider ink around image
- Add Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush to accent the sunflower and add three Gold Gilded Gems to center of sunflower
- Vellum Cardstock - die cut two if the leafy accents from Sunflowers Dies
- Whisper White Cardstock - stamp sentiment from Celebrate Sunflowers stamp set in Soft Suede Ink, then die cut using the 2-1/4” scalloped stitched rectangle from the Stitched So Sweetly Dies
- Approx. 2” piece of Bumblebee Gingham Trim, adhere behind the scalloped rectangle sentiment
- Whisper White Cardstock (inside card) - 4” x 5-1/4”
- Flowers for Every Season Designer Series Paper (inside card) - 1” x 5-1/4”
I hope you will join us this week over at The Paper Players and share your project for our Sketch Challenge. We’d love to see what you come up with! You can link up your project through Noon PST on Friday July 3rd, 2020.
Thanks for stopping by today! All of the products that I used on this card are listed below. You can click on any of the photos to go directly to my Stampin’ Up!® online store.
The current Host Code is: 3A7TY9ER
If you place an order over $50 (before tax and shipping) using this host code, you will also receive a gift from me: a FREE Exclusive Project Tutorial PDF, see the sneak peek below. Each month, I partner with an amazingly talented group of demonstrators from around the world to create these project tutorials. This month’s tutorial features 11 awesome project ideas to inspire your creativity!
Have a HAPPY day today!