Hello stamping friends! Earlier this month, I participated in Kylie Bertucci’s International Blog Highlights. The card below is what I made for the event and you can find more details about it by clicking HERE.
Thank you SO much to everyone who voted for my project!The theme of our blog hop this month is “THANKS” and I really enjoyed putting this card together. Two of my favorite things are bright and cheery colors along with big, bold sentiments. I think it helps to put the “Happy” in Happy Mail. :)
Two products I seem to keep reaching for in my stamp studio over that past week are the new Playful Alphabet Dies and the Playing with Patterns Designer Series Paper. The alphabet dies are the perfect size for cards and the patterned paper is a fun mix of polka dots, stripes and other fun designs. I’ve listed all of the measurements and details for this card below along with a full supply list at the very end of this post.
To add just a little more to the bold sentiment, I pulled out the Ornate Thanks Bundle for some smaller sentiments to add a little more interest. Of course, no card is ever finished until the sparkles make an appearance. Once adhered the letters to the Night of Navy Die cut (from the Hippo & Friends Dies), I spritzed it with a mixture of a few drops of Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint and rubbing alcohol in a Stampin’ Spritzer. One little tip, it’s best to use rubbing alcohol that is 70% or LESS for this technique. Anything higher than that and your shimmer paint might “curdle” and that’s no fun. The finishing touch was to add a few Artistry Blooms Adhesive-Backed Sequins to keep the “polka-dot party” going on this card.Card Measurements and Details:
- Thick Whisper White Card Base - 5-1/2” x 8-1/2”, scored at 4-1/4”
- Night of Navy Cardstock - 5-1/4” x 4”
- Playing with Patterns Designer Series Paper (Calypso Coral polka dot pattern) - 5-1/8” x 3-7/8”
- Silver Foil Paper - 2 pieces, each measuring 1/4” x 3-7/8”, die cut using the dotted border from the Ornate Borders Dies
- Playing with Patterns Designer Series Paper (white polka dot pattern) - 1-1/2” x 3-7/8”
- Night of Navy Cardstock - scrap to die cut the (3-3/4”) frame from the Hippo & Friends Dies
- Whisper White Cardstock - scrap to die cut letters from Playful Alphabet Dies
- Whisper White Cardstock - 2” x 3/8”, stamp sentient from Ornate Thanks in Calypso Coral ink and snip both ends at an angle using Paper Snips
- Whisper White Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon and Artistry Blooms Adhesive-Backed Sequins
- Whisper White Cardstock (inside card) - 5-1/4” x 4”, stamp sentient from Ornate Thanks in Night of Navy ink
- Playing with Patterns Designer Series Paper (inside card) - 1” x 5-1/4”
Finally here is a look inside the card using a little pop of that patterned DSP and a coordinating sentiment.
Thanks so much for stopping by today! Be sure to hop along to see the projects from Kylie’s International Highlights Top Ten Winners.
From here, you’ll be headed to Beth McCollough’s blog. I’ve also posted the complete list of blog hoppers below, just in case you lose your way.
Thanks for stopping by today! All of the products that I used on this card are listed below. You can click on any of the photos to go directly to my Stampin’ Up!® online store.
The current Host Code is: 3A7TY9ER
If you place an order over $50 (before tax and shipping) using this host code, you will also receive a gift from me: a FREE Exclusive Project Tutorial PDF, see the sneak peek below. Each month, I partner with an amazingly talented group of demonstrators from around the world to create these project tutorials. This month’s tutorial features 11 awesome project ideas to inspire your creativity!
Have a HAPPY day today!