Welcome once again to our Third Thursdays Blog Hop! This month, our theme for the hop is Halloween / Harvest. Everyone on the hop will be featuring awesome projects to inspire your creativity. I’ve listed all of the hoppers toward the end of the post, so make sure you stop by and see what they have to share today!It’s no secret that Halloween is one of my favorite holidays! Although I’m not a big fan of scary movies or over-the-top scary things, just the “appropriate” level of spooky works for me. For my projects, I decided to use the Wonderfully Wicked Bundle from the Stampin’ Up® Holiday Catalog. I absolutely LOVE that big, bold sentiment and thought it would be fun to dress it up with a bright green and spooky black color combo.
On the card, I used the Black Ice Technique to add some distressing to the “Wicked” die. To do this:
- Start with a piece of Old Olive Foil Sheet that is large enough to fit the die
- Lightly drag Black Staz-On Ink from the top to the bottom of the Foil Sheet to create a “streaky” effect
- Heat set the Staz-On Ink to ensure it is dry
- Using Versamark Ink, drag the ink pad over the Foil Sheet from top to bottom to get a good coverage of clear ink over the paper
- Cover the paper in Clear Embossing Powder and heat set using the Heat Tool
- Once the Foil Sheet has cooled, die cut the word from the Foil Sheet
For the smaller stamped sentiments, I stamped them on Basic Black Cardstock in Versamark Ink and then heat embossed using the Shimmer White Embossing Powder. After they cooled, I colored over the embossed words using my Granny Apple Green Stampin’ Blends Marker. Instant shimmery green embossing!
I used the Heirloom Frames Dies and 3D Embossing Folder set to create the frame and the Stylish Scroll Embossing Folder to add texture to the background. Then gently dragged the Golden Glitz Delacata Ink Pad over the raised embossed areas to give a spooky distressed look.
- Basic Black Card Base - 4-1/4” x 11”, scored at 5-1/2”
- Granny Apple Green Cardstock - 4” x 5-1/4”
- Basic Black Cardstock (embossed with Stylish Scrolls Embossing Folder)- 3-3/4” x 5”
- Scraps of Old Olive Foil (from Noble Peacock Foil Sheets), Basic Black, Granny Apple Green and Shimmer White Cardstock for stamping and die cuts
- Granny Apple Green Cardstock (inside card) - 4” x 5-1/4”
- Whisper White Cardstock (inside card) - 3-3/4” x 5”
Here is a peek inside the card. I layered the Whisper White on Granny Apple Green for a little more color and then popped in a few more spiders hanging out on their webs.
I just love these little Coffin Treat Boxes from the Holiday Catalog! All of the cutting and scoring is done for you. All you have to do is assemble them! I embossed the box using the Stylish Scrolls Embossing Folder, then gently dragged the Golden Glitz Delacata Ink Pad over the raised embossed areas as I did on the card.
I popped on another Wicked sentiment, but decided to not add the distressed detail to the foil paper. I kind of like how it pops on it’s own. Then I added two more spiders with added sparkle and then colored the Very Vanilla Gold Trimmed ribbon with a Basic Back Stampin’ Blends Marker.
What’s inside? I decided to go with some good ol’ fashioned Werther’s Original candies to compliment the gold accents. That and I seem to be missing a bag of Halloween chocolate that WAS in my stamp studio. I’ll have to ask my husband if he has any idea where it might have run-off to. Haha!
I hope you have enjoyed my projects today. Please leave a comment to say hello and let me know that you stopped by. Make sure to check out all of the awesome projects featured in our Third Thursdays Blog Hop for October.
From here you will be headed to visit my sweet friend, the wonderfully talented Sarah Fleming. Click the button below to hop on over to her blog. Have a great day!
October 2019 Third Thursdays Blog Hop:
Anne Marie Hile (you are here)
Thanks so much for stopping by today! All of the products I used on this card are listed below. You can click on any of the photos to go directly to my Stampin’ Up!® online store.
This month’s Host Code is: AMTBNGZH. If you place an order over $50 (before tax and shipping) using this host code, you will also receive a gift from me: a free exclusive project tutorial bundle. (see the sneak peek below)
If your order is over $150 (before tax and shipping), do NOT use the host code. You will earn host rewards from Stampin’ Up! AND you'll also receive the gift from me. Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have a HAPPY day today!